Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Conquer 4G Root?

Tip us?

brienj
Old
(Last edited by brienj; 18th April 2012 at 08:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Nevermind, it isn't working, I deleted the link and file.
The Following User Says Thank You to brienj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrystal0925
Old
Thanks Meter 365

DONATE TO ME
do you guys have cwm recovery?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA App

brienj
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystal0925 View Post

I know some people that lost root, also do have CWM and backups, but their phone is stuck in recovery mode, and always boots into recovery mode, even restoring a backup.

I've tried making Odin images to help, but Odin doesn't seem to want to work on these phones.

itzdarockz
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Does anyone know how to make a backup through odin files?

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystal0925 View Post

Yes I do but I tried flashing this which is the FC17 update for the conquer 4g but it messed up my phone. I have tried practically everything with no luck. Maybe making a EG15 rom will bring us back to 2.3.4?

brienj
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Ok, I have the FC17 update AND root. I am making the files to help people out. There is a version of Odin that works, so just give me a little bit to make the package. It will require you obtain the official Sprint FC17 Odin image to use what I'm making, as I'm not sure about the legality of including that too.

I could possibly transfer that file to people on IM or something, there is also another site that has a link to it right now, but not sure if it's ok to post a link to that site.

chrystal0925
Old
Thanks Meter 365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post
Ok, I have the FC17 update AND root. I am making the files to help people out. There is a version of Odin that works, so just give me a little bit to make the package. It will require you obtain the official Sprint FC17 Odin image to use what I'm making, as I'm not sure about the legality of including that too.

I could possibly transfer that file to people on IM or something, there is also another site that has a link to it right now, but not sure if it's ok to post a link to that site.
I was just wondering if making a stock Rom that has root and rooted boot might work just thought i could try to make one if someone has a cwm back up of the newest update??
If you guys have recovery n could flash n try it out ill make it

Phr3d13
Old
(Last edited by Phr3d13; 20th April 2012 at 09:52 PM.) Reason: added links
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post

Give me a little time and I will upload those files to my dropbox and post links.
EDIT:

Odin Multi Downloader v4.43…zip: here
Samsung Conquer Odin ops file: here
Samsung Conquer Odin tar.md5: here
The Following User Says Thank You to Phr3d13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brienj
Old
(Last edited by brienj; 21st April 2012 at 04:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
I made a new All-In-One Package now for everyone to use and posted the complete Tutorial with ALL files you will need, plus one less step here -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610534
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brienj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joe zack
Old
Thanks Meter 2
ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to joe zack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weasel4ami
Old
(Last edited by weasel4ami; 21st April 2012 at 02:21 AM.) Reason: not right info i was requesting
Thanks Meter 4
Default lil more help needed

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

Tags
conquer, root