Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

OP krarvind

20th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #1321  
Thanks Meter: 227

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbassplayer

Not necessary. For example when you use a music app like Play Music or Power Amp your media server spikes. The app might have a minimal use in battery stats but its using a google services and making Android System spike. As to why it isn't consistent I don't know. My Android system is always under 9%. Best I can say is trouble shoot with all your apps. What do they do what permissions and figure out wich of them might be relative to the services in Android System.

You mean I have to actually read those permissions ? I always just say yes. Well with 49 apps I have a lot to read, lol. However, wouldn't it have to be one of these showing under "running" in manage apps?

20th April 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #1322  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 12,198

9,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcwhite

You mean I have to actually read those permissions ? I always just say yes. Well with 49 apps I have a lot to read, lol. However, wouldn't it have to be one of these showing under "running" in manage apps

It could be, I would start with does that are most active and cached but like I said, not necessary. I don't use Exchange, but that might be why vpn and keychain is used alot on your device, is it set to push? or check in intervals? If push how many emails, if intervals how often. On a side note accepting all the apps with out reading permission is a big security risk...

Keep in mind I'm just making best guess here. I'm by no means a dev or android know it all. ;P
20th April 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #1323  
Thanks Meter: 40

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynGamer

So I flashed the OTA app for my Captivate (yes, I have the right patch file) and I reboot but nothing comes up indicating I can update to 3.3...

The instructions said the OTA was for 3.3 forward, i.e. you had to be here first and when 3.4 comes out we will be notified via OTA.

From Slim Rom site:
NOTE 1: Notification for upgrade will only pop up from 3.4 on. If you are on 3.2 or earlier, you will have to manually upgrade to 3.3 or just wait for 3.4 notification upgrade. Also note that on the APP, ROM Slim version will say 3.3 no matter what version you are on, nothing to worry.

NOTE 2: Updated OTA_Zips for devices are placed in the OTA folder ( link below). Flash only your device based OTA and it will only show your device essentials. Already flashed OTA, no problem reflash the device OTA, you won't lose anything."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captican For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #1324  
Thanks Meter: 227

1,672 posts
Quote:

It could be, I would start with does that are most active and cached but like I said, not necessary. I don't use Exchange, but that might be why vpn and keychain is used alot on your device, is it set to push? or check in intervals? If push how many emails, if intervals how often. On a side note accepting all the apps with out reading permission is a big security risk...

Keep in mind I'm just making best guess here. I'm by no means a dev or android know it all. ;P

2 exchange accounts, one at every 5 and the other at every 1 hour.

And the side note I agree with you 100%. There is nothing on my phone that I need secure. I could lose it and the only thing I'd be worried about is the fact that I lost my phone. I look at app permissions in the sense that if someone is creating an app to be malicious they are not going to be honest about the perms. to start with. The most that could happen is that my email gets hacked and all my contacts get viruses sent to them. Then I'd be like, "Damn, dude. My bad"

AND DON'T USE SKYPE ON PC, TAB, ANYTHING, EVER! Trust me on that one
20th April 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #1325  
Thanks Meter: 7

76 posts
More
I searched the thread but found nothing:

I'd like to install this on my Captivate- where can I find this "essentials" package? I don't see it on the website or in the OP.
20th April 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #1326  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 12,198

9,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods

I searched the thread but found nothing:

I'd like to install this on my Captivate- where can I find this "essentials" package? I don't see it on the website or in the OP.

... Its in the website..... look for 3.3 via website and it will link you to the server... Please read more....
The Following User Says Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #1327  
Thanks Meter: 7

76 posts
More
I see it now thanks.

Don't take this as me being rude or ungrateful (I'm very thankful for your help), but that download link description (or anywhere else in the FAQs/instructions) doesn't indicate that the essential packages are waiting inside. Worth a thought maybe mentioning in the instructions where exactly you find the essential packages.

I suppose I should have been more exploratory and just clicked the link.

Thanks again

Quote:

... Its in the website..... look for 3.3 via website and it will link you to the server... Please read more....

20th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #1328  
Thanks Meter: 946

3,027 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods

I see it now thanks.

Don't take this as me being rude or ungrateful (I'm very thankful for your help), but that download link description (or anywhere else in the FAQs/instructions) doesn't indicate that the essential packages are waiting inside. Worth a thought maybe mentioning in the instructions where exactly you find the essential packages.

I suppose I should have been more exploratory and just clicked the link.

Thanks again

I found it with ease. Just saying.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
21st April 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #1329  
Flag Diamond Bar, CA
Thanks Meter: 356

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
[MOD] Honeycomb Ripple Lockscreen
!!!FOR SLIM ICS 3.3 ONLY!!!

Flash thru CWM
Reboot
Enjoy

PS. cleaned up drawable-hdpi for GB orange residues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1016421  
Attached Files
File Type: zip HC_RIPPLE_cappy.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.41 MB, 17 views)
Last edited by xtone; 21st April 2012 at 03:30 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xtone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #1330  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,725

5,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtone

!!!WARNING UNTESTED!!! !!!FOR SLIM ICS 3.3 ONLY!!!

I have it working on the vibrant and i9000 and decided to port it to cappy as well.
But since I don't own a cappy, I have no way to test. Please make a nandroid before you flash just to be safe.

Flash thru CWM
Reboot
Enjoy

PS. cleaned up drawable-hdpi for GB orange residues.

F.Y.I, my I9000, cappy, vibrant have the exact same framework-res.apk. So what ever mod you make in one should work in all 3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krarvind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wow
Previous Thread Next Thread