XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM WSG Beta v0.0.7 05/08/2012

Tip us?

grneyez
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumms View Post
Very important. This rom has the Asus update service running in the background, make sure you use TB or App quarantine to remove or freeze the service. You don't want to accidentally accept an official updated from Asus.
Dont see anything like what you have mentioned running in the backround.

yumms
Old
Thanks Meter 88
com.asus.UpdateLauncher service is always active unless you disable it.

MasterZen88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumms View Post
Very important. This rom has the Asus update service running in the background, make sure you use TB or App quarantine to remove or freeze the service. You don't want to accidentally accept an official updated from Asus.

Even tho the service is running you wont get an update if you ran the Official ASUS unlocker. When running that tools it reports your serial number to ASUS.. Its kinda puts you on a black list....

I will try to remove this service in the next update. Just got don't re-building my dev environment. Hope to jump head first into development tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZen88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonphinguyen7
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
This vs Virtuous?

Sent from my EPAD using XDA

www.theminddiaries.blogspot.com

True Hell is when you take your last breath, and the person you are faces the person you could have been.

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZen88 View Post
Even tho the service is running you wont get an update if you ran the Official ASUS unlocker. When running that tools it reports your serial number to ASUS.. Its kinda puts you on a black list....

I will try to remove this service in the next update. Just got don't re-building my dev environment. Hope to jump head first into development tonight.
I could be wrong but some guys bricked their device after installing first versions of Virtuous because ota was active, and they accepted the update.

Then the ota service was removed.

Arun01
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonphinguyen7 View Post
This vs Virtuous?

Sent from my EPAD using XDA
This!

dagrim1
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Hmmm, is any fix in the works for audio streaming over bluetooth? Love the rom, but not being able to listen to music on my stereo (using bluetooth) or bluetooth headset is kinda sucky... Bluetooth headset controls work btw, itś really the sound streaming part.

andrewlyle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you are unlocked you are not able to receive OTA anymore... am I correct?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlyle View Post
If you are unlocked you are not able to receive OTA anymore... am I correct?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
You should search in Virtuous mod thread, I'm not that sure it's so simple..

Diamondback had to remove ota service from the ROM because some guys accepted the ota update and bricked their devices.

I don't think there is such an advanced process (i mean checking on servers if your device serial number is on the list of unlocked...) when an update is detected by device...

P.S: I've said this two posts above yours... didn't you read it?

joviansky
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun01 View Post
This!
This! x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZen88 View Post

Just hopped onto v.0.0.6 and can't wait for even more updates.

Question/Request: Is there any way to modify the ASUS QuickSettings screen to better match the ICS color scheme? I like the simplicity and usefulness of it but despise the color scheme compared to the regular ICS menu.
Phone: HTC One S
ROM: TrickDroid 9.1

Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: Stock Root

Previous Devices: HTC Dream, HTC Vision