Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Differences between Synergy and Darkside X kernels

OP h1a8

19th April 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

120 posts
I see that some rom developers are currently changing from the darkside kernel to the synergy kernel. I know that synergy has better battery life than Darkside X kernel (or that it should) since Darkside X is much faster and smoother.

1. But is the battery life of Darkside X kernel significantly lower or just a little lower than the synergy kernel?

2. Also, what are some features that the synergy kernel offers that the Darkside X kernel doesn't, and vice versa?

Thanks!
19th April 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 460

1,862 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8

I see that some rom developers are currently changing from the darkside kernel to the synergy kernel. I know that synergy has better battery life than Darkside X kernel (or that it should) since Darkside X is much faster and smoother.

1. But is the battery life of Darkside X kernel significantly lower or just a little lower than the synergy kernel?

2. Also, what are some features that the synergy kernel offers that the Darkside X kernel doesn't, and vice versa?

Thanks!

Bro i read somewhere before NEVER COMPARE TWO ROMS OR KARNELS OF TWO DIFFERENT DEVS . ITS JUST AN INSULT OF THEM.THEY ARE GOOD ON THEIR OWN WAY .
Not being mean rude but telling you truth i have learn.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
20th April 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

120 posts
neither is better than the other. One gives you better battery life while the other gives you better performance. Its a trade off. both are good in there own way. I just want to know if there are features one has that the other doesn't. And does synergy beat darkside in battery life by a lot or a little.
21st April 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

120 posts
Bump
21st April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 220

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8

neither is better than the other. One gives you better battery life while the other gives you better performance. Its a trade off. both are good in there own way. I just want to know if there are features one has that the other doesn't. And does synergy beat darkside in battery life by a lot or a little.

Generally speaking your mileage will vary with everything. ROMs, kernels, whatever. I personally get better battery life with darksidex and smoother performance with synergy. Most of it is probably placebo either way.
21st April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Richmond Va
Thanks Meter: 31

147 posts
More
Flash and find out every phone is different.
21st April 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 280

1,488 posts
More
synergy supports almost every governor. this only will matter to you if you know what a governor is...

darkside is more noob friendly. also, if u are running a darkside rom, do not use a diff kernel.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 737

2,641 posts
Donate to Me
More
u can use any kernel on any rom, (CM7 excluded). As others have said different kernels support different things, and may or may not be better for u given your needs. If u stress battery life, governor options in synergy will help u with that, finding the best balance between scaling and performance. Dark side may be better for gaming. All comes down to user preference
22nd April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 63

999 posts
Synergy doesn't have all the sophisticated bells and whistles like swapping cache and page serving stow away performance like DS or any kernel with ram appreciating software. So to speak it's software for better page cruising experience.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread