5,605,250 Members 39,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

Tip us?

Bait-Fish
Old
Thanks Meter 222
I have no experience with this procedure but a Google search for 'change carrier text' came up with some promising info. The first link outlines a manual process to change it from Verizon Wireless in an ERI file. Good luck if you choose to get adventurous.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Haxcid
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeauch View Post
Same here man. Seems to happen a lot after waking up the phone and unlocking...the phone just basically freezes for a while. I don't know if its an app causing this or what but I never had this prob with GV, only BO.
I have noticed this as well. It happens only on BO for me. Stock rooted was smooth. It is annoying enough that I am considering switching back.
The above are general comments and statements and are not of any value to the discussion at hand. The author takes no liability for any of it be it true or pure fiction.

VZW LG G2
Stock ROM 12b
Paid Subsidized price and kept unlimited data...

dirkomatic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait-Fish View Post
I have no experience with this procedure but a Google search for 'change carrier text' came up with some promising info. The first link outlines a manual process to change it from Verizon Wireless in an ERI file. Good luck if you choose to get adventurous.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, I found that link, but I'd like to have someone like MT state that that is the proper method. I don't see an eri.xml in /data/ on the phone currently.

So, if MT is listening... Is that link the proper method to change the carrier text on the phone so we can use the Verizon NHL app?

JetBlue
Old
(Last edited by JetBlue; 19th April 2012 at 11:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
There's the carrier text replaced with "Verizon Wireless" You'll have to either decompile your current framework-res.apk and re-pack it with that file or either i or somebody else can upload a new framework-res.apk

Edit: Here's the new framework-res.apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?e6ksex31dmlyqt7

could somebody tell me if that works? Busy at the moment to try it on my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to JetBlue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rescue Wagon
Old
(Last edited by Rescue Wagon; 20th April 2012 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
If you tell me what to do with it I'll give it a shot. I tried installing with Astro, but no luck

borborpa
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thanks for another excellent rom mt!! Installed last night finally, and battery life is way better than before!! You definitely make my phone 100% more awesome!!

No issues with Bluetooth here, connected first try to my stereo. I can stream music and make calls no issue.

Sent from my Gingervolt-ed VS910 4G using xda premium

JetBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Wagon View Post
If you tell me what to do with it I'll give it a shot. I tried installing with Astro, but no luck
If you tried installing it over your current framework-res.apk you wouldn't be able to that you'd have to delete your current framework-res.apk then install the new one and re-boot

Rescue Wagon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I tried deleting the old one and uninstalling it with no luck. Also, tried to paste the new one into the folder and it says I don't have permissions to do so

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

sleepycarl5150
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkomatic View Post
I posted this a few pages ago... I have 4G and the Verizon NHL app shows that my carrier is "Broken Out Rom" and I have to close it. It has nothing to do with being in a 4G zone. I'm sure it's checking text somewhere... If someone would tell me where to fix it, I would.

EDIT: Oh, and this DID work with GV 2.0, so it's something with Broken Out...
Well on the lock screen it dies says Broken Out ROM, where on stock it says Verizon Wireless. So I'm willing to bet that whatever Mt. did to change that is causing the problem.

Sent from my BROKEN OUT Revolution.

deli pastrami
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Anyone have trouble with a very shaky screen? It jitters very much wherever I touch the screen. Ie: moving widgets if I just hold them they shake very much with out my moving my finger