No registration required

[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

OP mtmichaelson

19th April 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #331  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 237

776 posts
More
I have no experience with this procedure but a Google search for 'change carrier text' came up with some promising info. The first link outlines a manual process to change it from Verizon Wireless in an ERI file. Good luck if you choose to get adventurous.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #332  
Flag Ventura
Thanks Meter: 93

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeauch

Same here man. Seems to happen a lot after waking up the phone and unlocking...the phone just basically freezes for a while. I don't know if its an app causing this or what but I never had this prob with GV, only BO.

I have noticed this as well. It happens only on BO for me. Stock rooted was smooth. It is annoying enough that I am considering switching back.
19th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #333  
Thanks Meter: 13

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait-Fish

I have no experience with this procedure but a Google search for 'change carrier text' came up with some promising info. The first link outlines a manual process to change it from Verizon Wireless in an ERI file. Good luck if you choose to get adventurous.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I found that link, but I'd like to have someone like MT state that that is the proper method. I don't see an eri.xml in /data/ on the phone currently.

So, if MT is listening... Is that link the proper method to change the carrier text on the phone so we can use the Verizon NHL app?
20th April 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #334  
Thanks Meter: 108

602 posts
There's the carrier text replaced with "Verizon Wireless" You'll have to either decompile your current framework-res.apk and re-pack it with that file or either i or somebody else can upload a new framework-res.apk

Edit: Here's the new framework-res.apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?e6ksex31dmlyqt7

could somebody tell me if that works? Busy at the moment to try it on my phone
Last edited by JetBlue; 20th April 2012 at 12:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JetBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #335  
Thanks Meter: 5

98 posts
If you tell me what to do with it I'll give it a shot. I tried installing with Astro, but no luck
Last edited by Rescue Wagon; 20th April 2012 at 03:32 AM.
20th April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #336  
Flag Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 37

245 posts
More
Thanks for another excellent rom mt!! Installed last night finally, and battery life is way better than before!! You definitely make my phone 100% more awesome!!

No issues with Bluetooth here, connected first try to my stereo. I can stream music and make calls no issue.

Sent from my Gingervolt-ed VS910 4G using xda premium
20th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #337  
Thanks Meter: 108

602 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Wagon

If you tell me what to do with it I'll give it a shot. I tried installing with Astro, but no luck

If you tried installing it over your current framework-res.apk you wouldn't be able to that you'd have to delete your current framework-res.apk then install the new one and re-boot
20th April 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #338  
Thanks Meter: 5

98 posts
I tried deleting the old one and uninstalling it with no luck. Also, tried to paste the new one into the folder and it says I don't have permissions to do so

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA
20th April 2012, 07:38 AM   |  #339  
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkomatic

I posted this a few pages ago... I have 4G and the Verizon NHL app shows that my carrier is "Broken Out Rom" and I have to close it. It has nothing to do with being in a 4G zone. I'm sure it's checking text somewhere... If someone would tell me where to fix it, I would.

EDIT: Oh, and this DID work with GV 2.0, so it's something with Broken Out...

Well on the lock screen it dies says Broken Out ROM, where on stock it says Verizon Wireless. So I'm willing to bet that whatever Mt. did to change that is causing the problem.

Sent from my BROKEN OUT Revolution.
21st April 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #340  
Thanks Meter: 7

179 posts
Anyone have trouble with a very shaky screen? It jitters very much wherever I touch the screen. Ie: moving widgets if I just hold them they shake very much with out my moving my finger

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread