Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4]Genesis - Stable Build1 - CM9/AOKP Hybrid - The Return.... [8/1/12]

Tip us?

Midnight_Rider
Old
Thanks Meter 1049

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by facadewithin View Post
came from beta 1 no problems except what was already annouced flashed arom beta 4 no problems everything was clean but now phone does not recognize charing. it will charge and charge but will not change the battery life until rebooted. anyone else having this problem? tried wiping batt stats and still no fix, do not want to reflash just yet but will if i need to
i noticed some strange charging issues as well, cleared battery stats and it seems ok, but it also seems to be draining a lot faster than before, probably cause i have 4g on all the time

have not experienced the random reboot after a call though
-Jerry
Nexus 5

TOG565
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtotheichie View Post
Yeah, random reboots aster happening a lot for me

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
not here.....allllllll smooooth!!!

os91
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Apocalypse View Post
ok, back to the drawing board
I wiped through aroma, installed without wifi calling and with harsh's kernel. Everything is smooth here. Actually the best ICS rom I have had in a while. No reboots since flashed, even after calls.

PrettyPistol555
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I flashed beta 4 after wiping cache/dalvik and formating system. i had usb cable plugged in, as soon as i enabled Mass storage the screen when black and phone vibrated (rebooting). after it finished booting back up i plugged in usb again, again a reboot. this time i plugged in the usb cable half way through booting up (at boot animation) rebooted again. this time i plugged it in during the blue LG logo, reboot again.

anyone jnow what this means? rebooting at the blue LG logo seems really early.

Also, when did the G2X start vibrating when it turns off / reboots?
I noticed it with my most recent Warranty replacement, did some searching and didn't find anybody mentioning it at all... I swear my first two didn't do this.... lol
Galaxy Note 3 (VZW)
Galaxy NEXUS (VZW) CM10.2 (nightlies)
NEXUS 7
LG G2X (CM7)(T-Mobile)
NexusOne(ICS)(8GbC6)(T-Mobile)
Motorola Droid (OG) (CM?) (Daughters toy)
G1(CM6.1.1magpie+RA1.07
Mt3g - bricked(may it rest in peace)
BJII WM6.1 (AT&T)
SE W580i
SE W600i
SE T610
LGCU500
Palm TX

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
Mine always reboot with a vibrate

**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

rosevilletoyota
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Smile Question about flash the new update

okay I flashed yesterday and again today. I have 3 questions.

1) 3. DO NOT USE NULLIFIER OR CLEANUP BATCH!!! WHY??? I have used this since day1 with no issues.

2) I seem to have Video to camera freezes. I thought this issue was fixed.

3) thanks

Midnight_Rider
Old
Thanks Meter 1049

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosevilletoyota View Post
okay I flashed yesterday and again today. I have 3 questions.

1) 3. DO NOT USE NULLIFIER OR CLEANUP BATCH!!! WHY??? I have used this since day1 with no issues.

2) I seem to have Video to camera freezes. I thought this issue was fixed.

3) thanks
1) nullifier is really only necessary once in a blue moon. SD memory can be degraded the more you write to it, so writing 1s and 0s every time you nullify is not only time consuming, but you can actually shorten the life span of the internal memory. G2x scrubber is better if you REALLY feel the need to wipe your phone that much. all it does is format the partitions though, less intrusive. the regular wipe functions that are built into CWM and the Aroma installer are more than enough IF you are using the same version of Android when you flash. If you got from gingerbread to ICS then i would use G2x Scrubber and MAYBE nullifier. but going from ICS to ICS (especially the same ROM) then just a plain old wipe will suffice

2) the video camera issue won't be fixed until LG and Nvidia release the code into the wild, which may never happen or LG releases an official ICS upgrade

3) you're welcome
-Jerry
Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight_Rider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxesxp
Old
(Last edited by maxesxp; 21st April 2012 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgefan67 View Post
1) nullifier is really only necessary once in a blue moon. SD memory can be degraded the more you write to it, so writing 1s and 0s every time you nullify is not only time consuming, but you can actually shorten the life span of the internal memory. G2x scrubber is better if you REALLY feel the need to wipe your phone that much. all it does is format the partitions though, less intrusive. the regular wipe functions that are built into CWM and the Aroma installer are more than enough IF you are using the same version of Android when you flash. If you got from gingerbread to ICS then i would use G2x Scrubber and MAYBE nullifier. but going from ICS to ICS (especially the same ROM) then just a plain old wipe will suffice

2) the video camera issue won't be fixed until LG and Nvidia release the code into the wild, which may never happen or LG releases an official ICS upgrade

3) you're welcome
Then when exactly do you recommend using the nullifier?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED
KERNEL: GB: stock cm7 kernel OR ICS: harsh kernel

MY PROJECTS
WP7 Dark Modded Theme

KiddClassic
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Testing scores showed this beta has been faster then the previous beta's. Couple of lil bugs but you can def see the improvements. Good look

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Midnight_Rider
Old
Thanks Meter 1049

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxesxp View Post
Then when exactly do you recommend using the nullifier?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
personally i would use it if i was having some kind of major issue with my phone that no other remedy resolved. deleting and recreating partitions and writing 1s and 0s to any type of storage device 3-4 times a week (which i'm thinking some of us do here when we get flash happy) is overkill. its basically doing a low-level format. how often would you do that to your PCs hard drives?

i would also only do it if i were to go from a GB rom to an ICS rom, but then it would still be a bit much. G2x Scrubber does a pretty good job of cleaning things up

once you format a partition whatever data is on it is not usable by normal methods and for the most part probably would not interfere with whatever you write over the top of it anyway

just to be clear - these are my opinions from what i have read on here and how i understand how these tools work. i could be wrong and your mileage may vary

i also work in a data center where we wipe hard drives (eradicate the data) all the time. we use a tool called Blancco which does a DOD level wipe (3 times) of writing 1s and 0s to a drive so all data is off it.
-Jerry
Nexus 5