[RECOVERY] CWM 5.5.0.4 For Acer A100

18th April 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #61  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 211

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masr1979

Ok so I ran all the commands from terminal emulator and NOW I can mount /system as rw from root explorer, and it sticks through reboots. I can also get root access through adb as well, which was going out the door as soon as I installed the new CWM.

... Now I gotta wait 'til I get home to install all my apps.

Anyways, if having some issues with adb, then I suggest running everything from the tablet itself.

Thank you. I copied all of the files to /data/local/tools. From the terminal on the tablet with root I entered:

chmod 0755 /data/local/tools/*
/data/local/tools/mempodroid 0xd9f0 0xaf47

I then copied all of the text from getroot.sh from the /data/local/tools directory and pasted it into the terminal window. The tablet rebooted and I can now toggle /system RW on any app. Thanks again buddy, I am not sure why it wasn't working through ADB. I even have it set under developer options under settings.
18th April 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #62  
Flag Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 16

584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson.Dubs

... I even have it set under developer options under settings.

Yeah at one point I thought that was the issue, but even when I set that to "Apps and ADB" still no dice. Anyways, glad you resolved your issues as well.
19th April 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 643

2,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul77

sorry if this is a noob question, but what is the difference between this and the one here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=17

they both seem to be 5.5.0.4

this is actually made for the a100.

btw heres the gapps from the last A100 ICS leak. http://www.mediafire.com/?db2rl0z6v8xc2a8

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
Last edited by ptesmoke; 19th April 2012 at 04:28 AM.
19th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 31

453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke

this is actually made for the a100.

btw heres the gapps from the last A100 ICS leak. http://www.mediafire.com/?db2rl0z6v8xc2a8

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Thanks, since i got that one going now, is there any special steps to install this one or just follow the same steps?

Cheers,
19th April 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #65  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,056

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul77

Thanks, since i got that one going now, is there any special steps to install this one or just follow the same steps?

Cheers,

Instructions are in the OP .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theonew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #66  
Flag Montgomery, Al
Thanks Meter: 71

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04

Hope this is ok with you PTESMOKE...

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THIS IS ONLY TO TRANSFER THE RECOVERY IMAGE... YOU MUST FOLLOW EVERYTHING UNTIL ITS TIME FOR CLOCKWORKMOD TO BE INSTALLED...

(You need to have Terminal Emulator for this to work, download if nessesary)

*** You can download the file directly from your tablet, no need for a PC ***

1.) Get the file attached and unzip to the /sdcard/ directory (NOT /external_sd/ which is your microSD)

2.) Open TERMINAL EMULATOR and type: su (This requires ROOT access)

3.) Then type: sh /mnt/sdcard/rec.sh

Let the fireworks burn my friends... No need for a PC to flash the RECOVERY IMAGE... jejeje

Enjoy

Thank you very much for this. I couldn't get the other method to take, but this one installed on the first time with no problems. Thanks again.
21st April 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #67  
Flag Highlands Ranch, CO.
Thanks Meter: 170

512 posts
Donate to Me
Ok Guys what am I missing? I have read through this entire thread and am now confused as to whether some of these "issues" (mount system) are related to this recovery or the installation of CM9?

In my mind, flashing a new recovery would have no impact on root so I'm assuming that some CM9 issues are being discussed here. Correct?

If not, and since I DO plan on flashing CM9 if anybody would be so kind as to give me a quick down and dirty outline I would appreciate it. I will look up the appropriate threads but I have been away for awhile and am somewhat confused.

Bottom line to my confusion ... When do the step's outlined by Gibson.Dubs (Post 61) get performed?? After Flashing CM9?

Thanks!
21st April 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 2

72 posts
Have root, unlocked bootloader, however, when I follow the instructions and flash, after it says I flashed successfully and I reboot, it seems to overwrite the recovery back to stock
21st April 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #69  
Flag Highlands Ranch, CO.
Thanks Meter: 170

512 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.price

Have root, unlocked bootloader, however, when I follow the instructions and flash, after it says I flashed successfully and I reboot, it seems to overwrite the recovery back to stock

See post 26, 36 & 41 ...
Last edited by Land Master; 21st April 2012 at 02:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Land Master For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #70  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 211

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Master

Ok Guys what am I missing? I have read through this entire thread and am now confused as to whether some of these "issues" (mount system) are related to this recovery or the installation of CM9?

In my mind, flashing a new recovery would have no impact on root so I'm assuming that some CM9 issues are being discussed here. Correct?

If not, and since I DO plan on flashing CM9 if anybody would be so kind as to give me a quick down and dirty outline I would appreciate it. I will look up the appropriate threads but I have been away for awhile and am somewhat confused.

Bottom line to my confusion ... When do the step's outlined by Gibson.Dubs (Post 61) get performed?? After Flashing CM9?

Thanks!

I performed these steps after flashing CM9 using the terminal emulator baked into the rom. I copied the tools directory extracted from ZeroNull's root script to /data/local/tools on my device and ran the commands I mentioned above. For the last part pertaining to getroot.sh I opened it with a text editor on my device, selected all and copied all of the text. I then switched to the terminal and pasted all of the text and pressed enter. After reboot my /system was able to be mounted rw with rootexplorer and other apps. This issue doesn't have anything to do with the recovery, just the rom. I later replaced my su file with a better one for ICS, that has much less segfaults and then upgraded to a more complete version of busybox, but not everyone will need to do that. I hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to .Gibson. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acer recovery, clockwork, cm9, cwm, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread