21st April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #511  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Vegas, Baby! Likes:XDA,Android Dislikes:Spammers
Thanks Meter: 4,836

5,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekny

thanks guys all seems to have went well...(almost becoming a pro at this lol) ill test er out!

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

just curious i flashed the 11.69A.3504.00_11.23.3504.07_M2 w/matching RIL....but when i go to settings>about phone- it shows 11.69.3504.00P_11022.3504.07_M ( i think that was the original)???? shouldnt that have changed?

It should have changed there for sure. Sometimes in bootloader you will see the older radio listed but under the settings, about phone menu it should always show the right version.

When you flashed the radio did it say 'Writing...' and "OK" at the end before returning to the C:\phonetools prompt?
Last edited by mikef; 21st April 2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: typo
21st April 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #512  
Retired Senior Moderator

5,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

im posting this just to be safe...
i have the latest 3.32 (right?)
running Prime 5 with bricked kernel.

can I brick my phone by flashing these files? I'm running T-Mobile USA on East coast

just making sure help is appreciated

Sent from my Primed Sensation 4G with Beats Audio

Can you brick it? Sure, I cannot say that there is ZERO risk associated in these procedures. The devices are imperfect because we humans, the makers, are not perfect. Electrons do not always flow in EXACTLY the same way down the little tiny traces every single time. The random interaction of subatomic particles....or risp happens. There is probably more risk associated in driving down the highway to work everyday.

However, if you follow directions carefully and verify the MD5 checksums properly you can minimize these risks. Tens of thousands of people have done it successfully.

Now, that being said, are you satisfied with your signal and data transfer speeds and coverage as it is now? If so, then don't change it. Rule #1: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If not, then read the first post carefully. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Last edited by mikef; 21st April 2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #513  
Thanks Meter: 12

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112

It should have changed there for sure. Sometimes in bootloader you will see the older radio listed but uder the settings, about pone menu it should always show the right version.

When you flashed the radio did it say 'Writing...' and "OK" at the end before returning to the C:\phonetools prompt?

damn!.....i actually dont recall if i saw "writing" and "OK".....i know it wrote about 10-12 lines of something and the went to c:\phonetools......can i try it again with RIL zip already flashed?...or does it have to be radio then RIL?
21st April 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #514  
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 60

916 posts
More
Quote:

Can you brick it? Sure, I cannot say that there is ZERO risk associated in these procedures. The devices are imperfect because we humans, the makers, are not perfect. Electrons do not always flow in EXACTLY the same way down the little tiny traces every single time. The random interaction of subatomic particles....or risp happens. There is probably more risk associated in driving down the highway to work everyday.

However, if you follow directions carefully and verify the MD5 checksums properly you can minimize these risks. Tens of thousands of people have done it successfully.

Now, that being said, are you satisfied with your signal and data transfer speeds and coverage as it is now? If so, then don't change it. Rule #1: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If not, then read the first post carefully. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I think it could be a tad better.... and thanks for a helpful answer not a dickhead one like a few devs on here would give you haha

21st April 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #515  
Retired Senior Moderator

5,405 posts
More
Quote:

damn!.....i actually dont recall if i saw "writing" and "OK".....i know it wrote about 10-12 lines of something and the went to c:\phonetools......can i try it again with RIL zip already flashed?...or does it have to be radio then RIL?

Yes, you can reflash the radio with the RIL already in place. It should normally only write 3 or 4 lines, something like this if I recall correctly.

Writing ...
22178K Bytes written (This number is not intended to be the accurate value but a semi random guess.)
OK.
Last edited by mikef; 21st April 2012 at 03:31 AM.
21st April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #516  
Retired Senior Moderator

5,405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

I think it could be a tad better.... and thanks for a helpful answer not a dickhead one like a few devs on here would give you haha

Well, I can have my moments... but it is a 4/20 Friday and I am determined to be a very happy guy today.
Since you are a TMOUS user, I would definitely suggest checking the link near the top of the first post after "ATTENTION TMOUS Users...". Loading either of the two TMOUS patch versions and setting the matching value in the build.prop file has helped a lot of people get better transfer speeds and connections without updating the current radio/RIL pair.
21st April 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #517  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laveen, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,470

1,149 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, I can have my moments... but it is a 4/20 Friday and I am determined to be a very happy guy today.
Since you are a TMOUS user, I would definitely suggest checking the link near the top of the first post after "ATTENTION TMOUS Users...". Loading either of the two TMOUS patch versions and setting the matching value in the build.prop file has helped a lot of people get better transfer speeds and connections without updating the current radio/RIL pair.

I will attest to that. The ARHD thread OP is slightly vague concerning the matching of the build.prop and only has a "dish 2" download available in the changelog.
21st April 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #518  

196 posts
guess i am doing something wrong
whole heck of a lot more than 3-4 lines....i list a couple

2nd attachment is where i started ...1st attach how it finished
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pg56IMG.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1016499   Click image for larger version

Name:	pg58.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1016500   Click image for larger version

Name:	pg58I.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1016501  
21st April 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #519  
Retired Senior Moderator

5,405 posts
More
Quote:

whole heck of a lot more than 3-4 lines....i list a couple

2nd attachment is where i started ...1st attach how it finished

Missing a space. in between adb push PG58IMG.zip /sdcard/PG58IMG.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #520  

196 posts
sucess
Quote:

Missing a space. in between adb push PG58IMG.zip /sdcard/PG58IMG.zip

thanks again.....will test out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, getril, mf2112, pg58img, radio, radio updates, reception, ril, sensation, sensation radio, signal strength, tmous, working radios
Previous Thread Next Thread