5,596,235 Members 36,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CheeseMan = Super Meat Boy on Android!!

Tip us?

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
(Last edited by LegionTHEFecalExcretion; 23rd April 2012 at 07:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Thumbs up CheeseMan = Super Meat Boy on Android!!

If ever there was a game that needed to be Xperia Play optimized, this is it. Heavily influenced by the folks at Team Meat, CheeseMan is Super Meat Boy in every way, shape, and form. The gameplay mechanics are literally exactly the same, and thats a good thing. As of right now, it does not work with the Xperia Play controls, but luckily, there is a app called GameKeyboard that allows you to play this game with the Xperia Plays controls! For more information on GameKeyboard, see here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1604731

ANDROID MARKET LINK

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegionTHEFecalExcretion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkkinder
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I sent an email to them asking if they (Alphanoize Games) could optimize the game for Xperia Play Controls.

answer:

Hello

we're happy to hear you like our game (we love it too ! For the XPeria controls, we cannot say if and when we include them. Currently we want to adapt the current version for all common Android devices, which is very tricky !

As soon as we have any updates, we'll spread it via Google+/Facebook/Twitter, so feel free to follow us there !

Have a nice weekend,
Arne

Alphanoize Games
Arne Wörheide & Hicham Allaoui, Computerspiele GbR
Waldrandsiedlung 7
16761 Hennigsdorf
Germany

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
They dont even need to optimize it for the Play specifically, all they have to do is make the generic android d-pad and d-pad center buttons work with the controls. It would take them 5 minutes. After that response I am tempted to just do it my self. GRRRRRRR........ Found myself a new project.

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
looks like i am going to have to modify the game engine itself for this to work, I know what I need to do, but I have no experience translating touch input to keyboard input. I have some reading to do. Hopefully I can do a quick and dirty Xperia Play port. :P

kiche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
keep going , I've juste finish super meat boy on pc (light world) .
I've try cheese man and it's smell like smb ^^ , it would be great with xperia play pad.
Thanks in advance.

Mael5trom
Old
Thanks Meter 18
great when combined with gamekeyboard.

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael5trom View Post
great when combined with gamekeyboard.
How did you get it working? Everytime I launch the game it goes into portrait mode and causes issues.

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
nevermind, i got it, this games is a thousand times better with gamekeyboard! Holy crap, we have Super Meat Boy on our Plays!!

Mael5trom
Old
Thanks Meter 18
indeed, difficulty goes up and down as it goes along, 3 cheesed the whole game within a couple of hours playing on and off, dunno how the hell you would do some of those levels on touch screen only tbh...

Selim873
Old
Thanks Meter 62
It says it's not compatible!

I'm using Darkforest 3.0.5 if that helps.

It's confusing because it's compatible with my LG Vortex, that is a VERY low end device too...
Devices
Primary: Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 Jailbroken)
Secondary/Backup: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (P.A.C.man JellyBean)
Older/Backup: LG Vortex (CyanogenMod 10)