Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EXCLUSIVE FOR XDA: OPENED HTC ONE X (photos)

Tip us?

schriss
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfraim View Post

D+ and D- are used for data.

So... im only need 1 wire with VCC 5v like in the image?
This is equals to this image:

Because VBUS (Virtual Bus) is a power supply.

Im ok? xDD THANKS BUD!
Not sure what will you be doing, but if you want to connect charger directly to battery, then you would use charger pin 1 (+5V) and pin 5 (-, ground).
But I'm not sure if you can just connect that to any of the battery pins... battery is 3.7V and individual banks are much less, more like 1.5V each. I'm no expert in this, but I think battery is being charged by applying that small voltage of 1.5V to each battery bank individually.

My RC heli Li-Poly battery had 3 banks and charger was charging each bank independently, I could see 3 separate voltages.

So I wouldn't try connecting 5V charger to battery directly, it might explode.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Hey, it might be better idea to get that cheap USB external charger for any phone (I think if it has the same count of pins as the battery we can assume it would work, as most phones come with similar 3.7V battery) and use cables to connect charger pins with battery pins, in the same order.
HTC One
Previous: Asus Padfone 2, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, HTC Touch Pro2, i-Mate Ultimate 9502, iPhone 3G

wolfraim
Old
(Last edited by wolfraim; 20th April 2012 at 09:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikgu View Post
Is it possible to change the camera glass? Would be great since the quality of the glass is s#it.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
I think that is possible. but no parts for sale now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
Not sure what will you be doing, but if you want to connect charger directly to battery, then you would use charger pin 1 (+5V) and pin 5 (-, ground).
But I'm not sure if you can just connect that to any of the battery pins... battery is 3.7V and individual banks are much less, more like 1.5V each. I'm no expert in this, but I think battery is being charged by applying that small voltage of 1.5V to each battery bank individually.

My RC heli Li-Poly battery had 3 banks and charger was charging each bank independently, I could see 3 separate voltages.

So I wouldn't try connecting 5V charger to battery directly, it might explode.

MAN!!!! the battery is very similar to the battery for htc sensation!!! or evo 4g !
3.7v!!! with 4 pins. i Already update the thread with some info about it.

Can i connect both battery in paralell? or i need to cut the wires? D:

something like this:

The Following User Says Thank You to wolfraim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schriss
Old
Thanks Meter 101
As far as I know, parallel should work, because voltage will be the same, just fewer amps so slower charging. But if it all goes into flames dont kill me

So you are going to use other phone as a charger to charge both batteries? Not bad idea

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

By the way, my idea was to use generic external battery charger like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Ga...ht_2574wt_1031

and just connect pins with cables.
HTC One
Previous: Asus Padfone 2, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, HTC Touch Pro2, i-Mate Ultimate 9502, iPhone 3G

wolfraim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss View Post
As far as I know, parallel should work, because voltage will be the same, just fewer amps so slower charging. But if it all goes into flames dont kill me

So you are going to use other phone as a charger to charge both batteries? Not bad idea

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

By the way, my idea was to use generic external battery charger like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Ga...ht_2574wt_1031

and just connect pins with cables.

I will use a Galaxy i9003 battery, 3,7v, i going to see the amp first to compare.
i will do it tonight and tomorrow tell you something.

thanlks a lot

ganjbass
Old
Thanks Meter 17
The only you need is an old usb cable... only 2 pins you have to connect for charge the battery.... + en - locate to 1-4 place just. Just with a voltmeter check the pins.
Cut an old usb and connect to battery

Kill me only if you kiss me!
Killing me Is Not Enough to Make me Go away!

Tiersten
Old
(Last edited by Tiersten; 20th April 2012 at 10:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Don't try to charge the battery with 5V as that isn't the correct voltage. You're going to damage it or cause a fire.

Even if it was the correct voltage, charging a lithium battery safely requires charging/monitoring circuitry which regulates the current and knows when to stop charging along with tracking the battery pack temperature. If you don't have this or use the wrong voltage e.g. 5V then you're just asking for the battery to explode.

TL;DR - It is dangerous to use the 5V USB supply to directly charge a Lithium battery. It is also dangerous to charge a Lithium battery without the correct monitoring and charging circuitry.

schriss
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Yea I think best idea is to use other phone to charge this battery or using external charger as it's basically the same. Just need to do proper wiring.
HTC One

Johnny0906
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
I wonder if it would be possible to put slightly bigger battery in it without having to change the back cover, the back cover is actually abit flexible , if you push gently in the middle you can see the whole thing bend inwards.

Maybe a 2000Mah battery or 2200? But is it a custom battery or a generic one? I ask because i dont have the slightest idea about these sort of things, but I would be interested in trying.

And has anyone located where the 'SD' memory is and what it looks like?

Cheers!
TOYS:
Surfpad: Asus Transformer TF700 - Coming soon!
Phone 1: HTC One X
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy S2

HTC One X settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post27026185

Prime C3 Serial Test (Surprisingly Good Results!): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1579754

Don't give up your Primes yet!

Hit Thanks if I helped!

About me: Free-lance Software Tester, Soft Test Engineer.

wolfraim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny0906 View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to put slightly bigger battery in it without having to change the back cover, the back cover is actually abit flexible , if you push gently in the middle you can see the whole thing bend inwards.

Maybe a 2000Mah battery or 2200? But is it a custom battery or a generic one? I ask because i dont have the slightest idea about these sort of things, but I would be interested in trying.

And has anyone located where the 'SD' memory is and what it looks like?

Cheers!
I think a bigger battery can live in there xD the housing or "case" is spacious.

Bixx
Old
Thanks Meter 10
FYI

Link to other thread showing disassembly procedure.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=open
WM based phone history: SPV M700 -► HTC Touch Diamond -►HD2
Android based phone history: ►HD2 -►HTC Desire -►HTC OneX

Phone: Unlocked Unbranded HOX on O2 UK
HBOOT: 1.39.0000
ROM: ViperX 3.2.0
Radio: 5.1204.162.29

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bixx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]