5,815,133 Members 38,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues Rooting with Superoneclick

Tip us?

lordheavyc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default problems rooting too!

So this being my first post and all please dont freak. I searched as best I could to find the proper thread to ask this and this seemed like the best option. So here it goes.

I myself tried rooting my phone with Superoneclick and after numerous attempts I failed miserably. So I tried Doomlord's rooting method. I thought I had figured it out because at the end it said "OK!" and it even rebooted my phone but when I tried to DL Titanium backup and busybox it said it could not gain root access. My question is, first would it be safe to attempt the root process again, or if not any ideas on what I might have done wrong and maybe a solution to fix it?

Thanks again

P.S dear Mod if this was the inappropriate place to post this I apologize in advance.

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
i would download the superuser app and see if tibu finds root

also, there should be no prob running the rooting app again if you choose to, if you are rooted already it should return a *already rooted* message.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lordheavyc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I tried dl superuser and that did nothing. I even did a master reset maybe thinking that I might of changed a setting I want suppose to, and even that didn't work. Like I said I can't get SOC past step 7 and I've tried all the tips I read on here to get past that problem but nothing. Doomlords looks like it worked and it reboots my phone but still nothing. I would really truly appreciate any help!

thanks again

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

thedicarlos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tried super one click and dark warlords roto rooter and nothing. I can't root and I want to. Like Herman Munster said...darn darn darn .

I took a photo of my errors so maybe some one could help?

Gino

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334948171204.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	1015947  
Paranoid Android
LG Nitro Running ICS 4.0
Kindle Fire Running HellFireKindleJelly

thedicarlos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default I can't get my photo to upload

I cant get my screen shot to upload. I've tried everything. Anyhow, I still can't get my phone rooted. When I rooted my Aria, I used a program on my MAC that rooted it in about 20 seconds. Whatever happened to that?

Gino

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicarlos View Post
I cant get my screen shot to upload. I've tried everything. Anyhow, I still can't get my phone rooted. When I rooted my Aria, I used a program on my MAC that rooted it in about 20 seconds. Whatever happened to that?

Gino
Apples and oranges. The two programs used to install custom recovery on the Aria utilize exploits in the HBOOT, which is something only HTC devices have.

What software version do you have on your device? (Look in Settings > About Phone > Software version)

lordheavyc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same situation. Everything I've read says that if you did the security update without root already then you can't root now. I would love for some one to prove me wrong and show me a way. IM running 2.3.5 v10j with kernel 2.6.35.11.

Thanks

thedicarlos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default What I'm running

Hi Drumist! I'm running 2.3.5 v10j with kernel 2.6.35.11.

Gino

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicarlos View Post
Hi Drumist! I'm running 2.3.5 v10j with kernel 2.6.35.11.

Gino
You have the recent update installed which makes it impossible to root the device. There are still methods to get the device rooted but it is not simple and basically involves this process: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1597488

I would urge you to make sure you know what you're doing before attempting this though.

neuty
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I had the above problem with not being able to root my phone due to the software version i had. I had to use the "unbricking guide" and after some challenges i was able to restore the phone to stock with root. It is risky, but at this moment im not sure theres any other way to do it, unless someone with programming skills can find an alternate method to go back to a previous version of the software without resetting or unbricking the entire phone.