5,596,128 Members 33,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[screen Protector]

Tip us?

LadFromWales85
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Argh, upon reading this thread I quickly ordered the 'skin protector' after reading that skins were better than protectors, and it'd appear that comes with a back skin too! Didn't really want that

Ah well never mind...

feygor
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
Hey guys,

My Skinomi screen protector has arrived,

Less than a week from US to UK on standard global postage.

Here's what's in the box.

- solution
- screen protector
- Skinomi embossed microfiber cloth
- plastic small squeegee card

I will let you all know the results after application.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I have 2 questions:

First did the imperfections go after drying,
Second, did you have to leave your phone switched off for a whole day? I heard it doesn't adhere if the phone gets warm.

After my Martin Field's disaster I'm tempted to give Skinomi a try.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Phones:
HTC 7 Mozart (Orange-UK)
HTC One (O2 UK)

Tablets
Windows Surface RT

chrisjcks
Old
(Last edited by chrisjcks; 21st April 2012 at 01:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by feygor View Post
I have 2 questions:

First did the imperfections go after drying,
Second, did you have to leave your phone switched off for a whole day? I heard it doesn't adhere if the phone gets warm.

After my Martin Field's disaster I'm tempted to give Skinomi a try.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Where did you hear that?

Heat is a big helper for wet application film protectors, more heat, more healing & more sticky.

I used my phone just after one hour, the browser is a good indication as the white background will show moisture, you will see this after application, it shows itself as a rainbow effect. - after 1hr after application, this vanished on the white browser - so I used it from then on. (Maybe just not as much as I usually would)

I certainly wouldn't (or couldn't) be able to wait 24hrs before using my device.

Not all blemishes have vanished just yet, but most have (less than yesterday) - & I did only install it yesterday.

Here are some more shots to show I have zero loss of colour reproduction or viewing angles. (Forgive my camera, its the Motorola Xoom)

I have a very slight orange peel effect, much less than what zaggs invisible shields have, and the screen is a lot less tacky than that product aswell.
Its a little bit more tacky than without any protector on, which is to be expected - but still very smooth, ie. Slowly moving my finger from top to bottom, the protector gives no hint AT ALL that it wants to slow down my finger (or stop it which zaggs invisible shield does)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Google Nexus 4 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Phablet: Nexus 7 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Stock Locked / Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

Artyom K
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HTC says there should be a hole for a proximity sensor. Which screen protectors have it?

chrisjcks
Old
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom K View Post
HTC says there should be a hole for a proximity sensor. Which screen protectors have it?
Does not matter, just tested this and my screen goes off in-call when 6 inches away from my face.

Phone: Google Nexus 4 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Phablet: Nexus 7 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Stock Locked / Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

Noodles5666
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I decided to go a different route than Zagg or Gadget Guard and got some demo product from DynaFlo coming in Monday. Will take pics and post up but until then here is a link to the product.

http://www.dynaflousa.com/product_in...roducts_id=127
Asus FonePad
8GB

Google Nexus Q

stjs
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335039997.632255.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1017690just picked up at local Best Buy
The Following User Says Thank You to stjs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feygor
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
Where did you hear that?

Heat is a big helper for wet application film protectors, more heat, more healing & more sticky.

I used my phone just after one hour, the browser is a good indication as the white background will show moisture, you will see this after application, it shows itself as a rainbow effect. - after 1hr after application, this vanished on the white browser - so I used it from then on. (Maybe just not as much as I usually would)

I certainly wouldn't (or couldn't) be able to wait 24hrs before using my device.

Not all blemishes have vanished just yet, but most have (less than yesterday) - & I did only install it yesterday.

Here are some more shots to show I have zero loss of colour reproduction or viewing angles. (Forgive my camera, its the Motorola Xoom)

I have a very slight orange peel effect, much less than what zaggs invisible shields have, and the screen is a lot less tacky than that product aswell.
Its a little bit more tacky than without any protector on, which is to be expected - but still very smooth, ie. Slowly moving my finger from top to bottom, the protector gives no hint AT ALL that it wants to slow down my finger (or stop it which zaggs invisible shield does)

Glad to hear your happy with it, might order myself one, I think i'll wait until Noodles5666 posts their views on Dynaflow, hopefully i'll get no scratches in the mean time lol.
Phones:
HTC 7 Mozart (Orange-UK)
HTC One (O2 UK)

Tablets
Windows Surface RT

wai_lai416
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i bought a invisibleshield front only for the one x while waiting for the Spigen to arrive.. application was pretty straight forward and simple. it covers the whole screen and there's a little cut out at the top left of the screen protector for the proximity sensor.

i'm gonna rip it off though as soon as my spigen comes in.. reason being is i just don't like the invisibleshield collecting dust over time on the edges and the screen doesn't feel as smooth as a regular screen protector. but overall for 20bux it's not too bad..

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

i'm actually thinking about buying the full shield and put on the back piece only and shove it in a cover.. i wonder if it'll fit lol

twe69
Old
(Last edited by twe69; 23rd April 2012 at 12:27 PM.) Reason: wrong url
Thanks Meter 28
Just to say my Golebo semi-matt Screen Protector from ebay arrived last week.
It's pretty good in that it allows the phone to be used in direct sunlight but overall it does lower the quality of the screen to give the semi-matt effect.

Also as the material is thick it lifts up on all four edges due to the curved screen.

Sent a photo to the seller and they will be refunding me, guess they did not test it on the phone themselves and just released it with the glass measurements.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300675568234