Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using a droid3 on straight talk

Tip us?

d3adbroke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Using a droid3 on straight talk

Has anyone done this yet I'm getting one that is unlocked and works with att sim card and I know straight talk works on att towers so I should just put the sim in and update the apn correct? Thanks
Sent from my Milestone using XDA

rquinn19
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adbroke View Post
Has anyone done this yet I'm getting one that is unlocked and works with att sim card and I know straight talk works on att towers so I should just put the sim in and update the apn correct? Thanks
It works. You just need to follow the directions on how to get it set up for ATT. Stick to a GB rom too as I'm not sure if you're able to edit APN settings in ICS.

d3adbroke
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Okay thanks what would u say would be best gb rom for battery and speed?

Willis111
Old
(Last edited by Willis111; 21st April 2012 at 05:01 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
It works. You just need to follow the directions on how to get it set up for ATT. Stick to a GB rom too as I'm not sure if you're able to edit APN settings in ICS.
You could always just push a complete apns-conf.xml to /etc (in gb or ics) and it will be perm setup, even if you factory reset. There's one on code.google or docs.google, just search "complete apns-conf.xml" or take one from any att rom from an att android device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I work for AMD, and that's exactly how it's done... You manufacture a large batch of silicon, and based on testing, you separate the chips based on highest stable speed. We simply clock them lower and label them with another model number. This has been done since the beginning...

rquinn19
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis111 View Post
You could always just push a complete apns-conf.xml to /etc (in gb or ics) and it will be perm setup, even if you factory reset. There's one on code.google or docs.google, just search "complete apns-conf.xml" or take one from any att rom from an att android device.
I tried that without success on ICS before. Maybe permissions weren't setup? Who knows? I've got ICS running with data now after doing these changes without having to edit my APN settings.