Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fixing GPS problems Thread

Tip us?

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Hey at least HTC can get the GPS to lock on sometimes. Asus designed a metal case that shields the Transformer prime GPS antenna so it can't receive a signal. Asus has a solution for the $500 + tablet. They removed GPS from the feature specs. LOL
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

Mr Groch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have upgraded my WIFI 16GB Flyer to HC using this guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1358758

Now I have:
HBOOT 6.11.1111
RADIO 3822.10.08.07_M

I was nable to get GPS working on official ROM 3.55.1114.31, so I decided to try
flashing LeeDroid 4.3 and after that Cool3D Honey v4. Also with no result

I have tried using FasterFix app and next AGPS patch from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1287941 (google no ssl version)

I've installed GPS Test app, go outside and have it on for 1 hour. Always 0 satelites in view, and all timers and clocks in this app also shows 00:00:00, only compass (heading) works.

Is my GPS broken for good? I have read here that problem is not holding fix, but I can't get it. My GPS even dont see any satelite :/

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
On the GPS status app. go to tools and reset the AGPS data. then download AGPS data and see what happens/
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

Mr Groch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've tried reseting and redownloading AGPS data few times, but no change in sattelite visibility - always 0. Tried using 2 apps for that - GPS TEST and GPS STATUS & TWEAKS with and without AGPS patch

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Very weird. I think I have tried all the ROMs and GPS always finds lock , but after a few minutes it will lose it, but quickly re-acquire.

glitchsta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I like to use my Flyer for GPS so a ROM that works with GPS is a must, I have tried the new ICS and Leedroid HC with little success, will work for about 15min then lose signal and takes forever to lock back on...Only rom I found that GPS works on is Leedroid 2.2.0 GB. GPS seems to work perfect on it...I hope it will work on these new ICS roms!

kardain
Old
Thanks Meter 45
If anyone has twitter, htc opened the door for addressing this problem... Squeaky wheel and all that...

Quote:
@HTCUSA

Taking off on a trip for the summer? We've got 3 tips for you road warriors. #HTCTips bit.ly/MEHmU5

3:37 PM Jun 15th via SocialEngage
http://twitter.com/HTCUSA/status/213762056053194754

|-|-|