Playground ICS [New Era]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zeroskhaos

Feb 16, 2010
Dallas
Well, tried the newest one with the same issue, going to go back to the one with working wifi for now.

Oh I didnt realize that it was till the same one, ok well Ill wait for official word then. Thanks guys

Cwebb03

Feb 18, 2011
Narnia
I'll see if I can toss up a link later from the old one that still works, I didn't upgrade to the new one @A$hr@j

Sent for my ICS 3D

Last edited:
Pushing to sort the battery issues out tonight. Not sure if it will be but that's what i'm focused on. The old kernel worked but just not as well. The new one should be pretty close to any replacement version once it's done minus any prohibited code. Plus it fixes microphone and netflix so it's really hard to trade those in to save having to fix battery charge issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

When the camera is working the camera will be working and you will know. In the meantime assume its not

Sent for my ICS 3D

It's usually pretty obvious when the thread suddenly grows five pages with people it didn't work for, third party apps it didn't work with, features it didn't work in, and other builds it didn't work on. Least that has been the case as new devices get one that works.

That sounds awesome, hope it works out! Not trying to bug, but is wifi still being worked on or has that been worked out already?

Wifi worked just not with the new layout on the old kernel. This is the new kernel that's being fixed to replace it. Battery readout still sticks but now charging works.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: Emerl

Zeroskhaos

Feb 16, 2010
Dallas
No, just battery level reading and backlights going off with the screen.

...I literally just explained this before releasing what I said would fix it.

Yep, thats why I told him that it was, strange how all the posted information is not viewed by many. I always try to read everything before asking anything lol...

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3
Yep, thats why I told him that it was, strange how all the posted information is not viewed by many. I always try to read everything before asking anything lol...

I go back and read at least 5 pages. Any more than that and it's not worth reading - I'll go straight to the source and ask. There wasn't really anything outside of TU's last post that stated otherwise. I just had to go and check for myself that a new build was posted.

In any event, great work as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bug Tracker

Playground ICS

I would like to take a moment and humbly thank AllDroid.org for supporting my campaign to keep Android development moving forward as a community. We are a single voice reminding everyone that as much as we are Android, Android is us.
    herp derp

Well toast claims he uses the hal with the same changes I have for camera and it works, so I guess well see.

The only issue it may face is the line that divides what people say works when attempting to one up you and what they actually provide publicly to let you test it yourself. I am guessing the prebuilt in the vendor files they pushed is the same, but there is no definitive specification.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

(1) I haven't even spoke with you.
    (2) I haven't used anything from your repos.
    (3) I don't ever remember trying to "one up" you.
    (4) I've provided all my sources and even my local manifest for you to use at will.
    (5) I have never claimed anything to you or anyone else about anything working that I haven't provided in public git repos.
    (6) I've even gone as far as helping Deck with any questions he has ever had.

My conclusion is you must be hearing voices in your head and should stop mistaking what they say as reality.
    Definitely latest build is not for daily use, WiFi doesn't connect, BT doesn't turn ON, wallpapers and images preview doesn't work, video playback is borked and battery meter doesn't display real batt. Also, HW accel is not full, only got 1800 on Quadrant and 3250 on Antutu. The rom looks nice but it has many bugs for daily.

I think I speak for everyone when I say this.

I've noticed that you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Quadrants and Antutus, and you seem to somehow believe they are some sort of judge of performance or completeness.

A ROM with stupidly high quadrants means nothing anymore, not since the start of I/O tweaks which skew the quadrant. That 5400 you claim to have in your sig are not indicative of native performance; many different performance-agnostic tweaks were done to give you such high scores.

Please stop judging a ROM based on its quadrants. It's disrespectful, increasingly less important, and ultimately annoying.
    Love you guys (no homo) always helping us to find the easiest way to brick our phones haha.. it still doesnt sound quite right when saying that :D

If that were the case, I would save myself 3 hours and just release the zip I have meant to do that. Less chance, more irreversible. Wipes the recovery, flashes a text file to the radio and bootloops system. Good practice tool.

Also a good time to point out the lack of an "if this bricks your phone" liability disclaimer. I don't have one. I don't see it as just a risk you take doing this stuff, and I believe it IS my responsibility. If you brick, I damn well better brick my phone the same way and show you how to recover or I shouldn't be releasing builds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Good evening everyone. After finally letting a build run without stopping it to add something or try another method, etc, etc... There is a new build about to hit so here is the accumulated changelog:

Updated sound proprietaries to finally build audio without the mic mute "hack" which was at the core of the phone reboots (mute was bypassed, which caused issues when the phone wanted to use the mic, also led to voice feature issues)

Prebuilt camera hardware. Probably won't even function, but you never know. I have forked some new source to try to see if I can be any use in getting it building so that pyramid, as well as evo3d, might have some source-based camera files.

Updated google stuff. Got tired of issues with market and all that which was understandable since the files were about a month old now. It was time for another update (I spread them out to make sure they are tested fully) and a switch to the google gallery to allow picasa sync to function for once.

A slightly new settings layout, as discussed before, with a few basic options for now but room to expand. A lot of the tweaks and mods I have offered in the rom that were spread throughout the regular options are now there.

Other than that, the build just finished, so allow me to run a quick test and start the upload. Thanks ;)