Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Intelligent thoughts on rumors re: SGS3

Tip us?
 
6_sigma
Old
#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaze View Post
Not if you are talking about in sprint. The EVO 4G LTE comes out in May. Sgs3 probably Sept or Oct which is way more than 60 days.
Are there phones (on any carrier) other than those I mentioned which would be considered significant upgrades from the EVO 3D? It seems to me that list marks the current class of "super" phones - even acknowledging that we know little about the SIII right now.
 
fade2black101
Old
#42  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 842
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North London
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but when I get my next phone I would quite like it to have 3D. The option of taking/viewing photos in 3D very much appeals to me.

Just wish the SGIII was 3D because no doubt the camera would miles better than this one. And before people start going on about how good this camera is, it ain't. Even though in bright conditions it can take very nice 2D and 3D pics, it is utter crap in darker situations and if someone so much as flinches, the picture ends up all blurred. Not to mention you get annoying rings if you don't clean the lens before but this isn't case if you put a screen protector over the lens. Suggests to me they used a bad material for it.

So basically, I'm probably gunna wait for the next good 3D phone and hopefully the camera will be much better than this one and not suffer from motion sickness.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, LG Nexus 4

Previous Devices: HTC Wizard, HTC Kaiser, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Desire Z, iPhone 3G, HTC Mozart, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Trophy, iPhone 4, HTC One S, iPhone 4S
The Following User Says Thank You to fade2black101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,271
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_sigma View Post
Are there phones (on any carrier) other than those I mentioned which would be considered significant upgrades from the EVO 3D? It seems to me that list marks the current class of "super" phones - even acknowledging that we know little about the SIII right now.
It's way too early to say. We still don't know what Motorola will be doing, or Sony. They both usually release a phone every year, just like HTC and Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but when I get my next phone I would quite like it to have 3D. The option of taking/viewing photos in 3D very much appeals to me.

Just wish the SGIII was 3D because no doubt the camera would miles better than this one. And before people start going on about how good this camera is, it ain't. Even though in bright conditions it can take very nice 2D and 3D pics, it is utter crap in darker situations and if someone so much as flinches, the picture ends up all blurred. Not to mention you get annoying rings if you don't clean the lens before but this isn't case if you put a screen protector over the lens. Suggests to me they used a bad material for it.

So basically, I'm probably gunna wait for the next good 3D phone and hopefully the camera will be much better than this one and not suffer from motion sickness.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
I totally agree. I'm sitting this out too. Hopefully Samsung announces a Galaxy S 3D before next summer.
 
SoraX64
Old
#44  
SoraX64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 637
Posts: 1,301
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
I find it hard to believe anyone will announce a new 3D phone for a while. This phone was relatively a let down in comparison to the hype around the OG. There just isn't enough 3D content to make it worthwhile. I doubt that Samsung will release a 3D phone before Apple does.

As much as I dislike Apple, if someone is going to make the 3D market work, it's them.

Sent from my htc_shooter using XDA Premium App
Like gaming? Check out my site, where my friend and I livestream as we play!
Phone: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Desktop: AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6870 OC'd, 12GB DDR3 RAM
Laptop: HP Envy 15 3200t; i7-3610m @ 2.3GHz, AMD Radeon 7750m, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Radiance display
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,271
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraX64 View Post
I find it hard to believe anyone will announce a new 3D phone for a while. This phone was relatively a let down in comparison to the hype around the OG. There just isn't enough 3D content to make it worthwhile. I doubt that Samsung will release a 3D phone before Apple does.

As much as I dislike Apple, if someone is going to make the 3D market work, it's them.

Sent from my htc_shooter using XDA Premium App
LG already announced a new 3D phone.

Samsung and probably even HTC will too. It might not be until next year but it will happen.
 
Keion
Old
#46  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Wow, I didn't know this was xda general.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
 
mlin
Old
#47  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1011
Posts: 4,061
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraX64 View Post
I find it hard to believe anyone will announce a new 3D phone for a while. This phone was relatively a let down in comparison to the hype around the OG. There just isn't enough 3D content to make it worthwhile. I doubt that Samsung will release a 3D phone before Apple does.

As much as I dislike Apple, if someone is going to make the 3D market work, it's them.

Sent from my htc_shooter using XDA Premium App
Just like if anyone can make NFC popular, its Apple. With hundreds of millions of users, they can set any trend they want. When the iPhone gets 3D, 3D will be popular.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.


Device: HTC One M8
 
sgt. slaughter
Old
#48  
sgt. slaughter's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2896
Posts: 5,628
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Just like if anyone can make NFC popular, its Apple. With hundreds of millions of users, they can set any trend they want. When the iPhone gets 3D, 3D will be popular.
Ehh i wouldn't put NFC in the same boat as 3D....NFC has been around a lil longer than the glasses free 3D on phones has or least more widely used tech...I see more of those payexpress's at different stores every month around here, so its catching on, on its own. And it seems most andorid phones released now have it...

3D though I think might just be something that takes a little longer than NFC to catch on...with or without apple.
 
mlin
Old
#49  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1011
Posts: 4,061
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
Ehh i wouldn't put NFC in the same boat as 3D....NFC has been around a lil longer than the glasses free 3D on phones has or least more widely used tech...I see more of those payexpress's at different stores every month around here, so its catching on, on its own. And it seems most andorid phones released now have it...

3D though I think might just be something that takes a little longer than NFC to catch on...with or without apple.
I see your point and agree for the most part. However, if Apple was using NFC, I think we would see more payexpress stations at more retailers. One reason for this would be that Apple would advertise the feature like crazy which would potentially motivate retailers to make the switch more quickly. This is all speculation of course and is not based on any facts or evidence.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.


Device: HTC One M8
 
sgt. slaughter
Old
#50  
sgt. slaughter's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2896
Posts: 5,628
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I see your point and agree for the most part. However, if Apple was using NFC, I think we would see more payexpress stations at more retailers. One reason for this would be that Apple would advertise the feature like crazy which would potentially motivate retailers to make the switch more quickly. This is all speculation of course and is not based on any facts or evidence.
Oh yes i agree there for sure. Apple would be a reason for a tech to catch on faster than normal...but at this point nfc is out in the wild all over retail locations...if apple adopted nfc a few yrs ago retail places likely would if jumped on board much quicker. Imho...

Apple doesn't dictate what feature is used really as over time anything will gain traction...BUT if they do use something it will likely jump start any adoption of said tech...like 3D...it'll catch on over time slowly on its own....but with apple this or next yr it'd likely get a huge jolt of content available..

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes