Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ODJDuB HD*ELITE Series IV Resurrected*UPDATE!View Finder Fixed 05/13/12

Tip us?

bonebeany
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This used to be one of my favorite roms and still is except that I need to be able to force roam since the towers in my town are messed up and sprint wont fix them.

I tried this rom out last night and it is everything that I used to love but I can't seem to get it to force roam even with roam control (not sure why). It would be the top rom out for me if it could have roam only in the wireless settings like Team-Nocturnal's Shooter rom. Or if someone could help me figure out how to get it to roam.

Diablo67
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2763

DONATE TO ME
Im working on it now.
☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣

Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Guides!REVISED!
☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diablo67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evo_like
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo67 View Post
Im working on it now.
A triple woot woot!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
** Don't forget the thanks button if I have somehow helped **

bonebeany
Old
(Last edited by bonebeany; 21st April 2012 at 04:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo67 View Post
Im working on it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_like View Post
A triple woot woot!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
An amazing quadruple Woot Woot!!!!

Can't wait to go back to this rom!

I about pooped my pants when I saw this rom coming back. I thought it was gonna be a R.I.P. Rom

Diablo67
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeany View Post
An amazing quadruple Woot Woot!!!!

Can't wait to go back to this rom!

I about pooped my pants when I saw this rom coming back. I thought it was gonna be a R.I.P. Rom
Well we dont want that to happen,lol,but im still trying to figure his one out,ive changed kernels and camera apps,some wont install at all,so its being a little tricky.so just keep playing with the last version until i can figure something out,I'm trying not to lose the froyo aspect of the rom,so we will see.

Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Guides!REVISED!
☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠
The Following User Says Thank You to Diablo67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orlzzt
Old
Thanks Meter 1728
Huge thanks to OD and Diablo! I have to send you some Red Bull money. Keep getting financially derailed (my A/C blew last week.)
BTW- Konicub is alive and well, living and working in Cape Canaveral, FL (unlike 85% of the rest of Cape Canaveral).

He's an iPhone guy right now, but has hinted to Diablo and I about a possible Android comeback later this year. Meanwhile, he sends his love and thanks to all for their continued support of his beloved Elite rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Questions? Most answers can be found HERE

"I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist."
Benjamin Disraeli
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orlzzt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

missness
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Awesome, I'm excited to get this ROM back. I've been a bit of a flashaholic since getting the Evo but it's about time for me to settle down with this ROM. Can't wait, thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into keeping this ROM alive. First chance I get I'll have to shoot a donation your way. Thanks again!

Ken C
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeany View Post
This used to be one of my favorite roms and still is except that I need to be able to force roam since the towers in my town are messed up and sprint wont fix them.

I tried this rom out last night and it is everything that I used to love but I can't seem to get it to force roam even with roam control (not sure why). It would be the top rom out for me if it could have roam only in the wireless settings like Team-Nocturnal's Shooter rom. Or if someone could help me figure out how to get it to roam.
Why force roam? Idk about you, but when I force roam I get one x speeds. If your looking for a better signal why not just change your prl?

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I was able to do it with this ROM. But it's way better than forced roaming

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon
Blah blah blah. Signature.

bonebeany
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Why force roam? Idk about you, but when I force roam I get one x speeds. If your looking for a better signal why not just change your prl?

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I was able to do it with this ROM. But it's way better than forced roaming

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon
In the town I'm in the towers are either down or over capacity. When I try to make a call I get "Network busy please try again later" all day and night long, or if I try to send a text I get a "Radio interface resource shortage" message. No mater what I do I can't get my phone to work in my town. Sprint says they are going to be upgrading the towers in my town but they say it could take up to 6 months before they will be working again. I have tried a bunch of different prl's and nothing works.

So I switched my prl to 11115 and forced my phone to roam all the time. I get true 3G speeds with this prl and my download speeds (about 1250kbps) are better than I have ever had on a sprint tower (roughly 300kbps) Not 1X

If I go out of town I my phone works fine on sprint but if I am home or in my home town somewhere then sprint towers are just junk and then I miss calls and can't call anyone unless i wait till about midnight to call someone.

I know if I roam too much, sprint might terminate my contract. (which I am hoping for cause with the service I get from them, I can't even use my phone except on wifi.)

I have been with sprint for over 10 years and have never had a problem with them until they release the icrap phones on their network.

I hope this explains why I need to be able to roam on a rom.

missness
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So will you guys be putting the update in this thread or creating a new one? I recall someone suggesting that but thought I'd ask so I can be on the lookout.

Tags
android, diablo67, elite, froyo, gingerbread, ropodope=tool