Ok...I have a system to use CWM, but it involves reflashing using fastboot to go from a booted ROM to CWM and back.
1. boot normal into my JS ROM
2. turn the JS off
3. hard boot using off switch and volume down to boot into bootloader
4. select fastboot
5. connect USB cord to the JS
6. bootloader ackknowledges fastboot USB connected
7. run this bat file called CWM.bat with these commands
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot CWM5.img renamed from DoomLOrd file called JetStream-HC-CWM5-Recovery-DooMLoRD-v02.img)
8. reboot and CWM loads
9. do a ROM backup, install a new ROM, install a ZIP file, etc like normal
10. I select reboot options and try to reboot, but I just keep going back into CWM.
12. to fix this, see step 13.
13. to get out of the CWM boot loop of sorts, my last step is to install a ZIP with the NON CWM .img file, in this case I used the defaultBoot.img from Osimoods file OsiMood_DefaultKernelFiles.rar, but eliminated the wifi kernel module, thus creating a update_OsimoodBoot.zip file to run using CWM, given I keep rebooting into CWM.
14. So I flash update_OsimoodBoot.zip file to run using CWM
15. Select reboot and then I get into my ROM, like normal to use the JS.
I took a series of photos to show pictorially the steps above to help display things a little better -maybe.
Utlitmately, I am trying to reable to boot from ROM Manager into CWM, flash a ZIP and reboot, just like my HTC DZ. However that dreaded RED triangle does not allow this. I suppose my issues might have to do something with my JS being S-ON vs. S-OFF.
Anyway, hoping this added info will be of assistance to get some help on my issues.
We judge ourselves by our intentions, others judge us by our behaviors
Diggin my HTC Desire Z, my HTC Jetstream tablet and my iPhone4S...on AT&T