Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Android Open Kang Project Build 33 - v1.3 (4/23/12)

Tip us?

Nilsonf
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrastigi View Post
Only restore apps and app data. Don't restore phone data. If that's what mean by data. That could be your problem.

Sent from my EPAD using XDA
Yeah when I restore I restore phone data plus apps and app data. I will wipe all data and only restore apps and app data and hopefully that works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

onebyside
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsonf View Post
I tried but still doing the same. I noticed it only happens when I restore my apps and data from titanium backup and then reboot. Might be a file on titanium that is restoring and causing this but I'm not sure

Guessing something in the restore is the culprit....install the apps manually and figure that question out .

Sent from my EPAD using XDA
TFP 201
S4
The Following User Says Thank You to onebyside For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boynamedstacy
Old
(Last edited by boynamedstacy; 21st April 2012 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSavvy2 View Post
Not that it does ANY good when you need to use a keyboard......but do you think the software patch for the new GPS dongle I just got from ASUS will be supported in any of these builds? It doesn't seem to have a clue I even plugged it in, lol....as expected.

Just curious...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
I would assume the AOKP team will integrate it eventually. I can't imagine they wouldn't. The GPS issue seems to bother a lot of people. Speaking of dongle, when did you order yours and how long did it take? I wanna do a video review for our site before everyone else does! Ordered like 5 days ago I think..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

Ultrastigi
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Yeah when I restore I restore phone data plus apps and app data. I will wipe all data and only restore apps and app data and hopefully that works

I never save phone data. Only app and app data. I was always told never do phone data because with roms so much changes that your old data could conflict with the new and cause problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultrastigi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nilsonf
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
I never save phone data. Only app and app data. I was always told never do phone data because with roms so much changes that your old data could conflict with the new and cause problem.

I'm guessing that's what's going on. Will try that later on when I get home. Thanks for the help. And from now on I'll only backup apps plus app data

Striatum_bdr
Old
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:

+ 1 never restore system app data, the slightest change in framework, system ui or others can lead to fc our bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Striatum_bdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nilsonf
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striatum_bdr View Post
+ 1 never restore system app data, the slightest change in framework, system ui or others can lead to fc our bugs.
Well I learned something new today guys :) from now on I'll just restore apps and data not system data

The Following User Says Thank You to Nilsonf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwosotowsky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Well I learned something new today guys :) from now on I'll just restore apps and data not system data

I gave you a thanks for learning something new and doing it quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to bwosotowsky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apascual89
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedstacy View Post
I would assume the AOKP team will integrate it eventually. I can't imagine they wouldn't. The GPS issue seems to bother a lot of people. Speaking of dongle, when did you order yours and how long did it take? I wanna do a video review for our site before everyone else does! Ordered like 5 days ago I think..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1
What's your site?

Did you ever flash that generic kernel from Motley? I flashed it this morning and it defaulted to 1800 without messing with scripts. Rom control performance settings also seem to control it fine.

boynamedstacy
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by apascual89 View Post
What's your site?

Did you ever flash that generic kernel from Motley? I flashed it this morning and it defaulted to 1800 without messing with scripts. Rom control performance settings also seem to control it fine.
I'm an Editor for TalkAndroid.com And about that kernel, I am only now getting around to it. So you just flashed the generic kernel without modifying any script? Did you have an OC script in place from a previous Motley? I guess I am confused why Jermaine would recommend using Motley's modified script

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 3 Beta-1

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe