Post Reply

[A]"Root"/Unlock/Hboot 2.18/Gingerbread 2.3.5/ROM Flashing

27th January 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #31  
intrlude's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 24
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Here's a guide on how to get S-OFF if you're running the latest stock OTA with HBOOT 2.18:

[GUIDE] How to achieve S-OFF after unlocking 2.18 HBOOT with HTCDev.com - No More Watermark!

It's a few steps, but worth it in my opinion, since you can even go back to Froyo after you're done, if you want .


Just read through your write up. Awesome! Thank you Captain_Throwback. Wonder if this would work for the 3D?
Last edited by intrlude; 27th January 2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: added a question
29th January 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #32  
intrlude's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 24
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Here's a guide on how to get S-OFF if you're running the latest stock OTA with HBOOT 2.18:

[GUIDE] How to achieve S-OFF after unlocking 2.18 HBOOT with HTCDev.com - No More Watermark!

It's a few steps, but worth it in my opinion, since you can even go back to Froyo after you're done, if you want .

Hey Cap, appreciate the write up. It worked beautifully. It was super easy.

Sent with L*W*H
30th January 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #33  
Member
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 19
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude

Just read through your write up. Awesome! Thank you Captain_Throwback. Wonder if this would work for the 3D?

nope won't work with the 3d unless you want a really nice paper weight. captain's method basically makes changes to the evo's hboot to 2.10. and of course the evo 3d is completely different hboot and all. it would be nice though if there was a way.
21st February 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
doesnt work for me. Im stuck at "waiting for device" on cmd promt and "daemon started successfully" on the htc super tool. how long is this suppose to take? i waited like 5-10 mins.
13th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkivt

doesnt work for me. Im stuck at "waiting for device" on cmd promt and "daemon started successfully" on the htc super tool. how long is this suppose to take? i waited like 5-10 mins.

your pc is not reading your phone, make sure debugging is turned on and the phone is plugged into the pc
21st April 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #36  
SuperiorEVOlution18's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 485
 
901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Rooting
Ok so I have been wanting to root my EVO for a while now and finally I'm ready (and brave enough) to try and do it. But I noticed that I've updated it to the latest version gingerbread 2.3.5 and Hboot 2.18, however as I've been looking at my boot loader it is showing that i have S-off and I've never attempted root before. is this normal? now this isn't my original device as I have had it replaced many times and i believe this is a refurbished model as I don't see my serial number under the battery either so I'm kind of lost as to if I could find a way to achieve root and enjoy the benefits of superuser access and WiFi tethering. Any help you guys can give is very much appreciated!
21st April 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #37  
anthony_s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 51
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Never heard of that happening but it sounds like all the work was done for you. If you're S-OFF all you need to do is flash a recovery through HBOOT and then flash a custom ROM with su and you're set.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to anthony_s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes