You can try burning the image to your sdcard following this instructions:
- Format your sdcard with SDFormatter
(recommended) or any other
- Download latest Win32DiskImage-binary.zip from https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
- Unzip the file
- Run Win32DiskImage.exe - Right click "run as administrator"
- Click the folder button and navigate to select the .img
file you just unzipped.
- Click on the disk drive letter label on the right, and choose the letter that corresponds to your SD card.
- Press Write. When it finishes, press Exit.
Now power off your device and plug to power or PC using the USB cable, let it power on by itself do not press any button.
If this does not work you will have to try with another sdcard.
Ps: the right term is burn an image to the sdcard.
Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium