Originally Posted by chappatti
I have the Skyrocket and overall I think I made a mistake getting it.
** The skyrocket is a hastily put together phone. The plain SGS II is actually a better built phone. Even the Captivate was a much better built phone.
**The only reason for the Skyrocket hardware is to enable LTE for AT&T. The plain SGS II gives you 4G which should be more than enough, since LTE IS NOT AVAILABLE at most areas.
** The plain SGS II has far superior screen resolution.
** The exynos processor in plain SGS II even at 1.2 GHz is so much better.
** Unless you ABSOLUTELY want LTE, Skyrocket has not shattering advantage.
** The Skyrocket HD of course is a different question altogether.
** AND the HTC One X has the same specs as Skyrocket, with a HD screen and may be something to consider. Check this phone out too. http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/...e-att-may.htm#
Good luck !
Sorry, I think all ur main points are wrong frankly.
1) Build quality and quality control of the skyrocket has been excellent so far
2) I have access to 4g and LTE everywhere I go in all of Ontario, and let me tell u for what I use my phone for, late makes a WORLd or difference, 4g isnt even in the same league. This us basically just ur opinion
3) better screen resolution? where'd u find this info? link please?
4) find benchmarks showing me that exynos slaps the S3 1.5, please. Cuz I guarantee u won't. Sure if all u do is run benchmarks all day, yeah ifs faster. but in real world use u won't even be able to notice the difference. I'll take a pentaband radio that I can use on any carrier over 5% not even noticeable performance increase.
5) again ur opinion, see second point
6) skyrocket HD is same phone, better screen... so I don't understand this one
7). HTC One X has no SD card slot for expandable storage and lacks a removable battery, HUGE turnoffs for me ans several other users here, plus its HTC, and it may or may not come with a locked boot loader. Our dev took off out of the box, becuz we had no obstacles. Sammy's are definately the best for custom stuff.