Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

Tip us?

S0ckM0nk3y
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno24 View Post
so to do this i need to have an exteral sd card attatched to store backups and. Zip files?
Your internal storage is called SDCARD on your tab

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Follow The Rules, Be Respectful and Hit The Thanks Button

urani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1/32GB wifi only USA Version, but now I am using in Europe. NOw I have problem to install apps, from Google Android Market, it shows me this error: "This item cannot be installed on your country"
So, Do I need to change the ROM file for the europe version to have full access on android market?
any solution please?

Thanks

OptoChip
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Awesome guide man, if it got any easier to root than it would root itself!
The Following User Says Thank You to OptoChip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 14
can i use the files on the 1st post to root a UK Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 P7510 wifi Only?

please let me know.

twcook
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wow, easy.

Thanks - this really saved me a lot of time.
The Following User Says Thank You to twcook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S0ckM0nk3y
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10076757 View Post
can i use the files on the 1st post to root a UK Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 P7510 wifi Only?

please let me know.
I'm not sure if u can as I've never tried. When it comes to different regions of the tab it gets tricky. Feel free to try and report back but I nor any member of ACS or XDA is responsible if something happens :). For stock firmware for your region in case something goes wrong check Google :P

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Follow The Rules, Be Respectful and Hit The Thanks Button

Superfrag
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Odin doesn't work for me at all. I have the Google IO Galaxy Tab..
HTC One |
My Last.fm Page
My Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."

marjoejoejoe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs9477 View Post
Thanks for your efforts with writing this tutorial but there seems to be a glitch with CWM that maybe you could update the OP with and that is that some of our devices do not like some versions of CWM, v5.0.2.7 and v4.0.0.4 both ended up with a fast rolling screen in Recovery but ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from here http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=8 was successful although I'm not sure of the differences between them are but I have noticed that some of our members here have v5.5.0.4 listed in there specs that is why I thought I would try it out.

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager shows this to be for the following devices.

Asus Transformer
Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)

My Specs
TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI free with bundle deal.
SKU: GTP7510UWR
SW-VER: VLKL2
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3se.infra@SEP-77 #1
Build Number: HTJ85B.VLKL2 P7510VLKL2

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Shoot... I am sorry the original post clearly states "USA Retail WiFi Only". Delete my posts if you need to or leave it for my shame. LOL

Unless USA and Canadian models are the same.
i can confirm we are having the same problems....

mine was bought in taipei, taiwan...

havign those rolling screen problems...

it was removed by flashing to stock US wifi tab 10.1 firmware.....everything works fine, even flashing CWM 5.5.0.4 no problems at all..

however, when i install custom rom (havent tried other except task 14) ....i get screen off/on problems...screen will turn off and never go on again unless i reboot, and whenever screen sleeps the problems persists

before doing this i have already tried, flashing the CWM from overcome, and rolling was gone, successful flash of Task ROM as well without any screen problems...

from here if you want to use pershoots kernel, you ll have to stick with the screen roll problem at boot, to be fixed by a screen/off....after that problem is gone.......problem is , i dont want that rolling evertime i have a fresh boot....

i reflashed taiwan official rom, installed pershoot CWM...i have the same rolling of CWM again...

so reflashed OVercome CWM and reflashed Task 14...everything seems fine..

so i can confirm, for us unlucky ones with a non US (maybe asia?) tab 10.1 wifi, we will be limited to what we can flash..

tinybird
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ckM0nk3y View Post
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]
Now for the UNROOTING PROCESS!!

Select the PDA Button and then select the P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar file
Hi, I have P7500D (Telus 4G). If I need to unroot it, can I still using above file (P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar)? I assume I should find stock rom from Telus 4G, am I right? if so, where can I download original P7500D stock rom from Telus (4G)?

UKseagull
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Many thanks for the guide!

Just a question, does the Tab have some sort of counter that records the number of times that roms are flashed? I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. Is there a way to zero the counter if there is one?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe