Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Tip us?
 
mlin
Old
(Last edited by mlin; 21st April 2012 at 04:31 AM.)
#681  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1006
Posts: 4,053
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
So? Again, this Samsung camera that you are attempting to put down, was better than any HTC camera ever made to that point. In fact, HTC has still not released a camera in the USA that is even close to as good as it. So I fail to see how this means you're better off trusting the next HTC camera will be good, while worrying if the next Samsung camera will suck. History has shown time and time again that if one of them sucks it will be the HTC camera, and if one is good it will be the Samsung camera.

It most certainly does not "blow" lol. It currently has a 4.1 rating in the market with over 100,000 + downloads. Clearly, lots of people agree that this app is awesome. I agree that it's expensive, but it's well worth the money (as over 100,000 people in the market agree).
I'm putting Samsung's camera down because they came with the hype for the camera of the GN, touting their zero lag shutter, and excellent picture quality. HTC hasn't often touted their cameras as being top-notch, until now. Touting 3D is way different than touting a good camera. So far from my experience, Apple is the only company to have backed up their claims to an awesome camera (I personally have no hands-on experience with the HTC One, Sony Xperia, or Nokia phones- I've only seen pictures), everything else has been a disappointment.

I don't care for SPB, but that is me. I used it on my WinMo phone back in the day, but purchasing for Android was an expensive mistake.

I'll just leave it as this:
For me I want a high end Android phone with-
1. a top notch camera, worthy of replacing my iP4s
2. good build quality
3. ICS
4. strong signal strength
5. a nice screen

I know the HTC One will offer all of those things and on May 3 we'll see if the SGS3 will as well. Nonetheless, I'll be getting the EVO.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.


Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#682  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,269
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I'm putting Samsung's camera down because they came with the hype for the camera of the GN, touting their zero lag shutter, and excellent picture quality. HTC hasn't often touted their cameras as being top-notch, until now. Touting 3D is way different than touting a good camera. So far from my experience, Apple is the only company to have backed up their claims to an awesome camera (I personally have no hands-on experience with the HTC One, Sony Xperia, or Nokia phones- I've only seen pictures), everything else has been a disappointment.

I don't care for SPB, but that is me. I used it on my WinMo phone back in the day, but purchasing for Android was an expensive mistake.

I'll just leave it as this:
For me I want a high end Android phone with-
1. a top notch camera, worthy of replacing my iP4s
2. good build quality
3. ICS
4. strong signal strength
5. a nice screen

I know the HTC One will offer all of those things and on May 3 we'll see if the SGS3 will as well. Nonetheless, I'll be getting the EVO.
HTC has hyped up almost every camera they have released. I remember the claims that the Evo 4G camera was so great, and then it turned out to suck like all the previous HTC cameras. It did have more megapixels though- exactly what you say you are worried about with the Samsung phone.

The Samsung camera you keep dogging on was better than any HTC camera ever made. You can continue to talk bad about it, but it's still better than any HTC camera that has been released in the USA to date.
 
freeza
Old
(Last edited by freeza; 21st April 2012 at 05:30 AM.)
#683  
freeza's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9486
Posts: 4,246
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
HTC has hyped up almost every camera they have released. I remember the claims that the Evo 4G camera was so great, and then it turned out to suck like all the previous HTC cameras. It did have more megapixels though- exactly what you say you are worried about with the Samsung phone.

The Samsung camera you keep dogging on was better than any HTC camera ever made. You can continue to talk bad about it, but it's still better than any HTC camera that has been released in the USA to date.
Uhh, I'm not quite sure it's better than the Amaze 4G's camera.

EDIT: In fact, it's not. Not by a long shot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#684  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,269
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Uhh, I'm not quite sure it's better than the Amaze 4G's camera.
I haven't owned either device, but what I've seen online it is better. The only reason people think the Amaze camera is great is because it's the best one HTC ever made.
 
freeza
Old
#685  
freeza's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9486
Posts: 4,246
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
I haven't owned either device, but what I've seen online it is better. The only reason people think the Amaze camera is great is because it's the best one HTC ever made.
Well, enjoy this read by people who have used both:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25039414
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#686  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,269
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Well, enjoy this read by people who have used both:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25039414
I'm not seeing the unbiased and experienced with both that I expected. I see a bunch of HTC fanboys dating Samsung sucks. There are even a few people saying they don't like Nexus phones. Not really anyone saying "I've owned both cameras and this one is better."

I guess I should have known though, since it's in the Amaze forum. Of course everyone there is going to love the Amaze.
 
freeza
Old
#687  
freeza's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9486
Posts: 4,246
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
I'm not seeing the unbiased and experienced with both that I expected. I see a bunch of HTC fanboys dating Samsung sucks. There are even a few people saying they don't like Nexus phones. Not really anyone saying "I've owned both cameras and this one is better."

I guess I should have known though, since it's in the Amaze forum. Of course everyone there is going to love the Amaze.
lol dude you just refuse to admit defeat on ANYTHING you post.

Engadget themselves even said the Amaze 4G's camera was pretty fantastic. I have read nothing from them concerning the awesomeness of the Galaxy Nexus' camera. Actually when reading the HTC One X's review and camera performance section, IIRC, it was actually compared to that of the Amaze 4G and IIRC again, Engadget said the Amaze camera was actually better in some aspects. BUT OK!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ckoadiyn
Old
#688  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 900
Posts: 3,605
Join Date: Jan 2010
Can we move on please each company has strong points and weak..

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10
 
WatermelonSlim
Old
#689  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 1,269
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
lol dude you just refuse to admit defeat on ANYTHING you post.

Engadget themselves even said the Amaze 4G's camera was pretty fantastic. I have read nothing from them concerning the awesomeness of the Galaxy Nexus' camera. Actually when reading the HTC One X's review and camera performance section, IIRC, it was actually compared to that of the Amaze 4G and IIRC again, Engadget said the Amaze camera was actually better in some aspects. BUT OK!
Check it out man:
http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/13/2...-disappointing

It's not the crappy camera mlin was making it out to be.

Like they say in the blog, it's not the greatest but it's still pretty damn good.

The problem is everyone was disappointed when it was only 5 MP. The Amaze had the opposite. It was the best camera HTC ever made so everyone was pleased with it.

If you just look at raw pictures, like these untouched pictures, the Nexus camera is probably better.
 
donniezazen
Old
#690  
donniezazen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 902
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Salt Lake City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Because its going to make a huge difference to the end user? Let's face it- these specs on paper regarding number of cores and clock speeds have little impact on the end user experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
Number of cores mean **** unless the chip is actually great with performance.
I do not completely agree. A lot of devs have done amazing things when it comes to making our phones snappier. A few more cores and higher clock speed could add to that.

Why should I have Quad Core?
If a newer or better technology is available, their is no reason to keep using older technologies however good they are. If more quad core phone and tablets are available, more devs will write apps/games that use multiple cores.


Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

Tags
evo, htc, lte, sprint
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes