Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile manufacture warranty?

Tip us?

htwnzballa09
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tmobile manufacture warranty?

I just got my galaxy s2 a month ago and was wondering, if I get a hardware defect or brick, will Tmobile replace It as long as its the first year on contract? That is what happened about 4 years ago with my other phone but I would like to know if Tmobile will still do this.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Tmobile Galaxy s2 t989 White
ROM: Beastmod Remastered
firmware: 2.3.5

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,853
Rooting voids your warranty. If they can *see* its been rooted, you will be charged a restocking fee of $400+

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi

iLeopard
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
It's best you go through Samsung, from eat I've heard, as they not really check if you're phones been rooted

ToledoG28
Old
(Last edited by ToledoG28; 21st April 2012 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwnzballa09 View Post
I just got my galaxy s2 a month ago and was wondering, if I get a hardware defect or brick, will Tmobile replace It as long as its the first year on contract? That is what happened about 4 years ago with my other phone but I would like to know if Tmobile will still do this.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Well...i got mine about a couple months. They told me they could replace the phone only if phone has not been software or hardware modified..as i understand...only if they see phone is like when they gave it to u @ very first time. There is a way to restore ur phone and unroot it. So make sure u dowload the .tar file and keep it in PC in case u need to flash stock rom...via Odin before send phone to replace it....or any other similar situation. Follow the link at the bottom.

If u pay insurance Samsung will replace ur phone even if its stolen or lost. In that case u have to pay $150 in order to get a new one. Sorry about my english. ...just trying to help. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513359
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to ToledoG28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kid Poker
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoG28 View Post
Well...i got mine about a couple months. They told me they could replace the phone only if phone has not been software or hardware modified..as i understand...only if they see phone is like when they gave it to u @ very first time. There is a way to restore ur phone and unroot it. So make sure u dowload the .tar file and keep it in PC in case u need to flash stock rom...via Odin before send phone to replace it....or any other similar situation. Follow the link at the bottom.

If u pay insurance Samsung will replace ur phone even if its stolen or lost. In that case u have to pay $150 in order to get a new one. Sorry about my english. ...just trying to help. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513359
I've heard of T-Mobile replacing the phone at the cost of the $130 for Tier 3 Smart Phones, but Samsung replacing them? I haven't heard of that.

STOCK 16gb Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist

TerrorCandii
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Hmm...I voided my options the day I got mine, Lol.

TerrorCandii™ Gaming
TerrorCandii Inc.
T-MobileUS
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Sent via my.....seriously, seriously, just listed my device above.

sunlaw2
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I bought the insurance.
Thing is,everything in writing,it seems nothing is covered.
I spoke with tmo,and the insurance,and they both said "no matter what happens (excluding rooting/roms) "
Is covered.But in writing,nothing they said seems to be covered.
From my understanding tmo will replace the phone if its less than a year.But tmo is in financial hardship so who knows what they will do.
Im still waiting on a $30 credit for stuff I never purchased.
Forgive my English...
But,Im just illiterate.
Just go back to stock.its easy.

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Samsung warranties their devices for 1 year, it has nothing to do with tmobile. Return your device to stock and get a new one if there is a problem. If it's hard bricked tmobile cant tell what you've done to it, anyways. They send it to sammy and they jtag it and it goes back into circulation as a refurb.
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iwasblown
Old
Thanks Meter 63
You can reset the counter of flashes in order to return the phone for safe stocking

G1ForFun
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasblown View Post
You can reset the counter of flashes in order to return the phone for safe stocking

But note, the flash counter is only changed when you flash roms through Odin. Any roms flashed through Clockwork Recovery will not add to the counter. Just adding on to what you said.
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB Black
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Code Blue
Recovery: TWRP
Radio: Stock