Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Tmobile manufacture warranty?

OP htwnzballa09

20th April 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
I just got my galaxy s2 a month ago and was wondering, if I get a hardware defect or brick, will Tmobile replace It as long as its the first year on contract? That is what happened about 4 years ago with my other phone but I would like to know if Tmobile will still do this.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,854

3,303 posts
More
Rooting voids your warranty. If they can *see* its been rooted, you will be charged a restocking fee of $400+

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag College Station
Thanks Meter: 170

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's best you go through Samsung, from eat I've heard, as they not really check if you're phones been rooted
21st April 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 91

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwnzballa09

I just got my galaxy s2 a month ago and was wondering, if I get a hardware defect or brick, will Tmobile replace It as long as its the first year on contract? That is what happened about 4 years ago with my other phone but I would like to know if Tmobile will still do this.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Well...i got mine about a couple months. They told me they could replace the phone only if phone has not been software or hardware modified..as i understand...only if they see phone is like when they gave it to u @ very first time. There is a way to restore ur phone and unroot it. So make sure u dowload the .tar file and keep it in PC in case u need to flash stock rom...via Odin before send phone to replace it....or any other similar situation. Follow the link at the bottom.

If u pay insurance Samsung will replace ur phone even if its stolen or lost. In that case u have to pay $150 in order to get a new one. Sorry about my english. ...just trying to help. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513359
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
Last edited by ToledoG28; 21st April 2012 at 06:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToledoG28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 38

770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoG28

Well...i got mine about a couple months. They told me they could replace the phone only if phone has not been software or hardware modified..as i understand...only if they see phone is like when they gave it to u @ very first time. There is a way to restore ur phone and unroot it. So make sure u dowload the .tar file and keep it in PC in case u need to flash stock rom...via Odin before send phone to replace it....or any other similar situation. Follow the link at the bottom.

If u pay insurance Samsung will replace ur phone even if its stolen or lost. In that case u have to pay $150 in order to get a new one. Sorry about my english. ...just trying to help. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513359

I've heard of T-Mobile replacing the phone at the cost of the $130 for Tier 3 Smart Phones, but Samsung replacing them? I haven't heard of that.
22nd April 2012, 07:55 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 160

813 posts
More
Hmm...I voided my options the day I got mine, Lol.

TerrorCandii™ Gaming
22nd April 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 92

668 posts
More
I bought the insurance.
Thing is,everything in writing,it seems nothing is covered.
I spoke with tmo,and the insurance,and they both said "no matter what happens (excluding rooting/roms) "
Is covered.But in writing,nothing they said seems to be covered.
From my understanding tmo will replace the phone if its less than a year.But tmo is in financial hardship so who knows what they will do.
Im still waiting on a $30 credit for stuff I never purchased.
Forgive my English...
But,Im just illiterate.
Just go back to stock.its easy.
22nd April 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Samsung warranties their devices for 1 year, it has nothing to do with tmobile. Return your device to stock and get a new one if there is a problem. If it's hard bricked tmobile cant tell what you've done to it, anyways. They send it to sammy and they jtag it and it goes back into circulation as a refurb.
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 63

999 posts
You can reset the counter of flashes in order to return the phone for safe stocking

22nd April 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 295

2,927 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasblown

You can reset the counter of flashes in order to return the phone for safe stocking

But note, the flash counter is only changed when you flash roms through Odin. Any roms flashed through Clockwork Recovery will not add to the counter. Just adding on to what you said.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread