Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,877 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Tip us?

shinesthru
Old
Thanks Meter 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightzak View Post
Telling me my SDEXT isn't mounted properly again. suggestions?
Sorry if you've stated this before, but just a stab in the dark: have you partitioned your sd card?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

merkk
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Question are there known problems with maps/gps?

I just installed the pb22 build yesterday. So far so good, although i did run into some problems today with google maps/navigation. I got a couple of phone reboots while using it. I think it might have coincided with receiving a txt msg, but I'm not entirely sure. If there's a log file or anything i can post to help track it down, please let me know.

midnightzak
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinesthru View Post
Sorry if you've stated this before, but just a stab in the dark: have you partitioned your sd card?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA
Yep, if you look at my post here I literally typed it as I did everything. From a wipe to installation and beyond

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25077858

smelkus
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Telling me my SDEXT isn't mounted properly again. suggestions?
Can't tell if you looked into what I said before re: an sd-ext nandroid. Had you been partitioned before or will/is this your first time having a partitioned card? If it were me and I just freshly partitioned a card, I would restore an sd-ext backup first, then flash calkulin's FORMAT_ALL, flash deck-pb22-a2sd, boot and run TE commands, reboot. Then I'd flash new kernels, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily do that all the time, just if I'm troubleshooting or setting something up for the first time. Less variables = less ways cause trouble. If you followed the steps you posted earlier, it looks like your sd-ext was completely empty when you ran the TE commands, that might have been an issue. I can't tell where your apps were when you first ran the commands. You'd want to have all your apps either restored on internal memory or already on your sd-ext when you first issue su, a2sd install.

midnightzak
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelkus View Post
Can't tell if you looked into what I said before re: an sd-ext nandroid. Had you been partitioned before or will/is this your first time having a partitioned card? If it were me and I just freshly partitioned a card, I would restore an sd-ext backup first, then flash calkulin's FORMAT_ALL, flash deck-pb22-a2sd, boot and run TE commands, reboot. Then I'd flash new kernels, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily do that all the time, just if I'm troubleshooting or setting something up for the first time. Less variables = less ways cause trouble. If you followed the steps you posted earlier, it looks like your sd-ext was completely empty when you ran the TE commands, that might have been an issue. I can't tell where your apps were when you first ran the commands. You'd want to have all your apps either restored on internal memory or already on your sd-ext when you first issue su, a2sd install.
I was starting from an unpartitioned sd card, then wiped, then re-partitioned, and flashed.

I actually just unpartitioned a bit ago, formatted in windows, searched for errors but found none, (then got a quickie) and am about to start all over again.

When I ran the TE commands my sd-ext would have been empty. However, wouldn't new apps be moved over as they are installed? Guess I just didn't imagine that setting up an sd-ext was supposed to be at the end of the process.

I'm going to repartition, rewipe (with caulkins formatall), flash pb22, install a few apps, reboot, and then run TE commands and see if the apps move over. I'd flash apps but i dont have an sd-ext nandroid as ive never gotten apps to install on that partition.

ropodope
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2304
Quote:
I was starting from an unpartitioned sd card, then wiped, then re-partitioned, and flashed.

I actually just unpartitioned a bit ago, formatted in windows, searched for errors but found none, (then got a quickie) and am about to start all over again.

When I ran the TE commands my sd-ext would have been empty. However, wouldn't new apps be moved over as they are installed? Guess I just didn't imagine that setting up an sd-ext was supposed to be at the end of the process.

I'm going to repartition, rewipe (with caulkins formatall), flash pb22, install a few apps, reboot, and then run TE commands and see if the apps move over. I'd flash apps but i dont have an sd-ext nandroid as ive never gotten apps to install on that partition.
You need to have some app that a2sd can put in your ext to get it going. After that it will auto place them there as you install apps.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

midnightzak
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
So I'm totally confused, no idea what to make of this. It seems my installed apps should take up more room than they do, however I don't really see them on sd-ext either. Thoughts?

ropodope
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2304
Quote:
So I'm totally confused, no idea what to make of this. It seems my installed apps should take up more room than they do, however I don't really see them on sd-ext either. Thoughts?

now run the a2sd install.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

cullenmq1
Old
Thanks Meter 103
I had pb20 but can anyone confirm mms receiving working on pb22?

gregnotcraig
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cullenmq1 View Post
I had pb20 but can anyone confirm mms receiving working on pb22?
Yes.
Phone: GSIII
ROM: Unofficial AOKP Jellybean 4.2.2
My Blarg: A Geek In The Desert
My StatusNet instance: G, Not C
Twitter: rumbleghoti

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes