Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile data won't reconnect after mobile network loss

Tip us?

Mazout360
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,923

DONATE TO ME
Default Mobile data won't reconnect after mobile network loss

I am currently using owain's rom with the latest harsh kernel, and whenever I lose my data connectivity (damn tunnels), the 4g won't reconnect by itselfand the mobile data toggle becomes unresponsive...any tips on how to fix that?

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P999 avec Tapatalk
Current projects : CM10/10.1 custom 2.6.39 kernel for jellybean, CM10.1 Weeklies for the LG-P999, CM7 custom 2.6.32 kernel
Every thanks and donations greatly appreciated!

desynch-
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Are you losing the APN when that happens? Using airplane mode wipes mine

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
T-Mobile
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - JB 4.1.2 (ELL4, stock); BrickBug Death 1/8/2013
LG Nexus 4 - JB 4.2.1, .27 radio; 51.2Mbit LTE.

moeahmad1995
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Hold volume up and power into it reboots. Battery pull works sometimes but the hard reboot always works for me

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moeahmad1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

desynch-
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeahmad1995 View Post
Hold volume up and power into it reboots. Battery pull works sometimes but the hard reboot always works for me

Learned something new. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
T-Mobile
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - JB 4.1.2 (ELL4, stock); BrickBug Death 1/8/2013
LG Nexus 4 - JB 4.2.1, .27 radio; 51.2Mbit LTE.

Mazout360
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,923

DONATE TO ME
So I do have to reboot every time...oh well gonna have to wait for a version that reconnects me adequately.
Thanks for the tips

Bobomo
Old
(Last edited by Bobomo; 21st April 2012 at 04:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeahmad1995 View Post

Can you explain to me why this works and doing multiple reboots or power-off-on cycles doesn't? I've had similar inexplicable mobile data losses on multiple ROMs, and have tried a bunch of stuff. The power-volume up worked the first time...

Thanks, though!

moeahmad1995
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobomo View Post
Can you explain to me why this works and doing multiple reboots or power-off-on cycles doesn't? I've had similar inexplicable mobile data losses on multiple ROMs, and have tried a bunch of stuff. The power-volume up worked the first time...

Thanks, though!
To be honest, I can't explain to you why it works. I've learned it the first day I got my g2x when froyo had a problem connecting to wifi an its been working ever since

GTWalling
Old
Thanks Meter 66
It is like Windows XP. Restart (power off and then restart phone) just restart the OS not shutting the computer down, not clearing the memory and cache. Shut Down (pulling battery or hard restart volume up and power) turns the system off clearing the memory and cache.

Bobomo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
It is like Windows XP. Restart (power off and then restart phone) just restart the OS not shutting the computer down, not clearing the memory and cache. Shut Down (pulling battery or hard restart volume up and power) turns the system off clearing the memory and cache.
What's strange is that I have tried booting into recover, wiping cache partition and dalvik cache in order to fix the problem. It worked once but hasn't really worked since. I guess it must be a memory thing... ???

jaywillsoul
Old
Thanks Meter 12
At this point, I would suggest either a different kernel or a different ROM. Every ROM effects every phone differently. Try HellFire Sandwich v1.7 with the updated harsh kernel. Its what I'm using now and I haven't run into that issue yet.