FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

LG myTouch Q (C800) & LG myTouch 4G (E739) Forum Section Coming??

21st April 2012, 02:27 AM |#1081  
13lack13ox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryEmotionz

What's happening when your trying to install it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Absolutely nothing, cutting and pasting .apk to system/app then chmod restart.

Not showing up in widget menu, nor app launcher...
 
 
21st April 2012, 03:14 AM |#1082  
thekd53's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Macon
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Not everything is themed either. I decided to give it another shot. Pretty good.

Sent from my LG-E739 using XDA
21st April 2012, 03:42 AM |#1083  
medicjunKie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lack13ox

Absolutely nothing, cutting and pasting .apk to system/app then chmod restart.

Not showing up in widget menu, nor app launcher...

Try installing it as a normal apk.
Run it through a file manager
21st April 2012, 03:47 AM |#1084  
13lack13ox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicjunKie

Try installing it as a normal apk.
Run it through a file manager

App cannot be installed, its a system app. I'm not sure how you repack them to be user apps.

I dunno...Ive read a good bit about these lg weather apps/widget they all are different. Ive tried some of the O2x ones, some would work (weather/clock) some would force close then start working and just force close on startup. Others would work great except they cant find my US City. I would use a 3rd party one, but I just wanted to keep accuweather forcastings, they are the best for my areas I travel.

The one on the e739 is my fav simple and no background. hopefully someday Ill get it to work. Perhaps we need to use the LG launcher with this....?
Last edited by 13lack13ox; 21st April 2012 at 03:55 AM.
21st April 2012, 04:45 AM |#1085  
thekd53's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Macon
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Still no help with this?

Sent from my LG-E739 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334979918835.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1016574  
21st April 2012, 06:30 AM |#1086  
supersizemii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Wow I am so happy. From 7am-10:30 PM I am currently at 22% battery. Compared to before From 7am-3 PM it was at DEAD (0%) percent... I used to have to charge my phone almost like 3 times..

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Oh and also is there wifi calling on cm ROM, because where I live I have horrible reception.
21st April 2012, 08:09 AM |#1087  
kdog1202's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag green bay wi
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Stock ron with no root and a shell launcher i got 1 day 2 hours. Standard text/app ussage

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 07:10 PM |#1088  
bmg1001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reseda, CA
Thanks Meter: 341
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lack13ox

App cannot be installed, its a system app. I'm not sure how you repack them to be user apps.

I dunno...Ive read a good bit about these lg weather apps/widget they all are different. Ive tried some of the O2x ones, some would work (weather/clock) some would force close then start working and just force close on startup. Others would work great except they cant find my US City. I would use a 3rd party one, but I just wanted to keep accuweather forcastings, they are the best for my areas I travel.

The one on the e739 is my fav simple and no background. hopefully someday Ill get it to work. Perhaps we need to use the LG launcher with this....?

The Weather widget from the stock E739 rom won't work. It's a system app and it's dependent on the stock launcher and stock framework. If you're on stock, and use a 3rd party launcher, the widget wont show up due to it being allowed only in stock launcher, similar how the HTC Sense clock can't be ported to another device due to framework issues.

Basically, the Widget only works on stock launcher and framework.
21st April 2012, 07:11 PM |#1089  
sharik21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Update for cm7 nightly just came go check it out and the logs site is down pls tell me what was on this update

Sent from my LG-E739 using XDA
21st April 2012, 08:15 PM |#1090  
medicjunKie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270
 
More
media/lockscreen/status bar improvements, and new feautures(?)

Download it, the changelog is in the system/etc folder
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes