Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

We need a new clockworkmod for ICS

Tip us?

Johnston411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default We need a new clockworkmod for ICS

I've installed the full ICS RUU on my Sensation XL and flashed the current recovery.

It can't find the path to the sd card so it's impossible to make backups and flash update.zips etc

The sd card however is accessible when the device is in operation as when flashing the ruu all the necessary bits and bobs are upgraded such as hboot, partitions etc.

You will notice from the thread in the dev section that the sd card doesn't work if you flash dutch dannys update.zip and i'd presume this is a result of the changes made.

Anyway if anyone wants to have a go at building cwm from the ics recovery/boot that i have and can give me a pointer on how to dump it i'd be more than happy to give it a go.

My device is s-off so testing stuff is fine too.

Worth pointing out that if i flash back to gingerbread using a stock ruu and flash cwm it still doesn't see the sd card so if you don't want to lose cwm for now don't flash the ruu.

I'll try and follow this at some point but short on free time this weekend

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/10/...ry-to-new.html
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnston411 View Post
I've installed the full ICS RUU on my Sensation XL and flashed the current recovery.

It can't find the path to the sd card so it's impossible to make backups and flash update.zips etc

The sd card however is accessible when the device is in operation as when flashing the ruu all the necessary bits and bobs are upgraded such as hboot, partitions etc.

You will notice from the thread in the dev section that the sd card doesn't work if you flash dutch dannys update.zip and i'd presume this is a result of the changes made.

Anyway if anyone wants to have a go at building cwm from the ics recovery/boot that i have and can give me a pointer on how to dump it i'd be more than happy to give it a go.

My device is s-off so testing stuff is fine too.

Worth pointing out that if i flash back to gingerbread using a stock ruu and flash cwm it still doesn't see the sd card so if you don't want to lose cwm for now don't flash the ruu.

I'll try and follow this at some point but short on free time this weekend

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/10/...ry-to-new.html
How did you install the RUU on UK handset? I got a CID error because the RUU looks for asian devices. The CWM problem will persist when you go back to GB because the ICS update came with new hboot. Maybe speek to paul o'brien about new recovery.
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Johnston411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
How did you install the RUU on UK handset? I got a CID error because the RUU looks for asian devices. The CWM problem will persist when you go back to GB because the ICS update came with new hboot. Maybe speek to paul o'brien about new recovery.
You can't flash the asian ruu on stock uk devices ;)

edit: what you might be able to do is extract the firmware and add your cid to it similar to the sensation

i'll give paul a nudge and see what he can do
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off

Johnston411
Old
(Last edited by Johnston411; 20th April 2012 at 10:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
edit: ignore
HTC Sensation s-off
HTC Sensation XL s-off

Alex-V
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,176
dont think that the problem is the recovery....maybe just a look to the update script of the roms...with kind regards

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V View Post
dont think that the problem is the recovery....maybe just a look to the update script of the roms...with kind regards
Its the new hboot that comes with ics alex. It changes mount point for /sdcard. Thats why CWM can no longer find it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13