Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S III has quad core.....what does that mean for 7.7?

OP pinsb

19th April 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #11  
I still don't have any idea what this thread is about. Are you worried that the 7.7 won't be top dog or something? It's yesterday's news. Get the shiniest thing you can.
19th April 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 21

237 posts
??
that I should sell my tablet 7.7 and sgs2 and buy a phone sgs3? doesnt so logic to me
19th April 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by maysider

that I should sell my tablet 7.7 and sgs2 and buy a phone sgs3? doesnt so logic to me

Well, I was joking. This kind of thread is rather useless so I should refrain from reading or commenting, really.
20th April 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

500 posts
Cripes chaps it's not that difficult to follow.......

The 7.7 was announced almost 8 months ago and in many markets the 3G version is still not even available.

As Sammie themselves (and other manufacturers) are now starting to announce quad core products it'll set expectation in the marketplace that quad core is now the base level.

This discourages buyers from buying dual core products.

Fewer sales means developers less inclined to work on a product that's perceived as out of date.

We, as owners of 7.7 devices get fewer ROM options.
20th April 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
Nottin' really... galaxy tab 2 is coming here at Singapore last time I heard they're also putting quad core in there...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app
20th April 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

67 posts
Correct me if I'm wrong ... would a quad core chip even present much of an upgrade over a dual core, considering the application? Seems like overkill to me.
21st April 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
Maybe you have a point there... but its a matter of adopting to the newest tech, soon most apps would be so heavy that you'd req a quadcore processor...

21st April 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmcfly

Maybe you have a point there... but its a matter of adopting to the newest tech, soon most apps would be so heavy that you'd req a quadcore processor...

Except for new games and other niche programs, I suspect that won't be the case for several more years to come.
21st April 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #19  
Flag Gdansk
Thanks Meter: 55

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigled

Correct me if I'm wrong ... would a quad core chip even present much of an upgrade over a dual core, considering the application? Seems like overkill to me.

exactly, I am not even sure if programs in windows take advantage of dual or quad cores.

I'd rather take a A15 dual core than quad A9.
21st April 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #20  
New York
Thanks Meter: 97

1,845 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsb

Cripes chaps it's not that difficult to follow.......

The 7.7 was announced almost 8 months ago and in many markets the 3G version is still not even available.

As Sammie themselves (and other manufacturers) are now starting to announce quad core products it'll set expectation in the marketplace that quad core is now the base level.

This discourages buyers from buying dual core products.

Fewer sales means developers less inclined to work on a product that's perceived as out of date.

We, as owners of 7.7 devices get fewer ROM options.

That's why I still haven't purchased it and sticking with my Overclocked original Tab. Hopefully Samsung will come with a 7.7 (2) that will be popular enough
But definitely at this point with little custom ROM available, no CM, and ICS not yet there it makes little sense to upgrade (I might for the battery life since my Tab after 18months starts to show signs of tiredness)
On top of it there is not even a GSM LTE version available (Actually there s in Korea but with different bands form the "usual" ones used in Europe and US)
Last edited by Alcibiade; 21st April 2012 at 05:30 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7.7, quad core, redundant
Previous Thread Next Thread