5,814,981 Members 41,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! My Acer Iconia A500 keep doing Endless Booting after i change the vmheap

Tip us?

schythe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! My Acer Iconia A500 keep doing Endless Booting after i change the vmheap

I Experimental change the vmheap of my iconia from 256m into 36m that available in droid overclock application, and then it says it will be functioning after rebooting, and then it's just keep on booting and booting, the bootanimation keep restarting and restarting, i try to install the new cwm, and try to flash rom that i think can make my tablet works normal, but the problem is, after i press power + volume(-) button, it's just writed installing update.zip and rebooting, after that it's just rebooting again and again like nothing happens, pleasee, help me with this one, i beg you.

chris8599
Old
Thanks Meter 2
have you tried to hard reset it?

BrianDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
yeah reflash a your ROM and never do that agian, unsure of you were trying todo; though reads like you were trying to shrink your VM heap, may I ask why

schythe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
yeah reflash a your ROM and never do that agian, unsure of you were trying todo; though reads like you were trying to shrink your VM heap, may I ask why
what can i do to reflash my ROM?

hard reset : not working, just reset my boot animation to default but still endless booting

power + volume down : trying to install update.zip (thor cwm) but nothing happens, still endless booting and not come to recovery mode

i just thought to increase my performance without aware of this thing.

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schythe View Post
what can i do to reflash my ROM?

hard reset : not working, just reset my boot animation to default but still endless booting

power + volume down : trying to install update.zip (thor cwm) but nothing happens, still endless booting and not come to recovery mode

i just thought to increase my performance without aware of this thing.
can't be doing those phone things to tablets.

if you can get into APX mode, you can nvflash your bootloader and cwm recovery. You may also be able to run an EUU if you remembered to keep your UID number. This will be needed in both cases.

But a good way to start.

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

schythe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i've got into APX Mode, and now how to install Nvflash? Or how to use EUU?

I got in some thread that they say, it's the SBK that make us can't use the nvflash, can u help me, with the link to install nvflash at iconia tab a500?

schythe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Up, Please help, i've got into APX Mode and don't know what to do next, really, i search in entire google and don't know what to do