Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Thread Closed

I own the only AT&T Touch Pro I know of :eek:

OP Black93300ZX

11th August 2008, 03:37 PM   |  #31  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

149 posts
More
Looking forward to an official AT&T release. But, I will miss not having the "tilt" function.
11th August 2008, 03:48 PM   |  #32  
Flag Elgin, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 14

281 posts
But it's not JUST A PHONE...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico

LOL.... I do love the phone don't get me wrong but near a grand is waaaayyyy to much for any phone...

It's a--Fully customizable PHONE, PDA, GPS, MP3 Player, A2DP Bluetooth capable, Video Player, Internet Browser that makes video conference calls, manages files, allows MS Office document editing, runs java software, syncs MS Outlook data, with a slick touch interface and a 5 row hardware keyboard Mobile Device.

What "phone" can do all that? How much will all that cost if brought it all separately?

T
E
C
11th August 2008, 03:55 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Yeah its insane! Why would they embed the numbers, the whole point of the 5 row was to have the numbers available. Shesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technillion

It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

I'm very disappointed...AGAIN.

T
E
C

11th August 2008, 04:28 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 6

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by technillion

It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

I'm very disappointed...AGAIN.

T
E
C

Screw that, i'd rather hit a function key and hit numbers that are in a nice tight "keypad" cluster, than not use Fn key and hit number keys that are spread out in a single row.
11th August 2008, 04:34 PM   |  #35  
Flag NY-Chile
Thanks Meter: 165

2,005 posts
More
I agree, but is this really such a big issue!?
11th August 2008, 04:41 PM   |  #36  

83 posts
You're on Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/11/s...ch-pro-emerge/
11th August 2008, 04:50 PM   |  #37  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Surely you can just flash an HTC ROM, and get the keypad to behave as on the Touch Pro, even if the little pictures are wrong?

Congrats on your purchase... I just wish I could get a Pro for that much!
11th August 2008, 05:00 PM   |  #38  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveborough

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/11/s...ch-pro-emerge/

lol That would explain why there are almost 200 people viewing the Raphael forum right now instead of the usual 10-30

Engadget got their info via wmpoweruser, who have a link on their page to this very thread!
Last edited by ukdj78; 11th August 2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Added 2nd line :)
Red5
11th August 2008, 05:05 PM   |  #39  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black93300ZX

as for the AT&T branding it's a pre release version, as for it being euro flashed with AT&T ROM not at all.

Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.
11th August 2008, 05:09 PM   |  #40  

640 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNimrod

Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.

Because the guy he bought it from on Ebay is LYING to him.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread