Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I own the only AT&T Touch Pro I know of :eek:

Tip us?

gmfeld
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Looking forward to an official AT&T release. But, I will miss not having the "tilt" function.

technillion
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default But it's not JUST A PHONE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
LOL.... I do love the phone don't get me wrong but near a grand is waaaayyyy to much for any phone...
It's a--Fully customizable PHONE, PDA, GPS, MP3 Player, A2DP Bluetooth capable, Video Player, Internet Browser that makes video conference calls, manages files, allows MS Office document editing, runs java software, syncs MS Outlook data, with a slick touch interface and a 5 row hardware keyboard Mobile Device.

What "phone" can do all that? How much will all that cost if brought it all separately?

T
E
C

vkoser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah its insane! Why would they embed the numbers, the whole point of the 5 row was to have the numbers available. Shesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technillion View Post
It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

I'm very disappointed...AGAIN.

T
E
C

zephxiii
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by technillion View Post
It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

I'm very disappointed...AGAIN.

T
E
C
Screw that, i'd rather hit a function key and hit numbers that are in a nice tight "keypad" cluster, than not use Fn key and hit number keys that are spread out in a single row.

sdlopez83
Old
Thanks Meter 162
I agree, but is this really such a big issue!?
Devices gone and/or in Geriatrics
8125-8525-Tilt-TPro-Tilt2-Atrix

SGSIII-747
Not a stock rom

Steveborough
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default You're on Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/11/s...ch-pro-emerge/

l3v5y
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Surely you can just flash an HTC ROM, and get the keypad to behave as on the Touch Pro, even if the little pictures are wrong?

Congrats on your purchase... I just wish I could get a Pro for that much!

ukdj78
Old
(Last edited by ukdj78; 11th August 2008 at 05:06 PM.) Reason: Added 2nd line :)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
lol That would explain why there are almost 200 people viewing the Raphael forum right now instead of the usual 10-30

Engadget got their info via wmpoweruser, who have a link on their page to this very thread!
Hermes: MDA Vario II Herm300 HT637F
Radio: 1.54.30.10
ROM: Faria-R32 / Dr Puttingham WM6.1 Custom
SPL: 2.10.Olipro

Raphael: HTC Touch Pro Raph100 HT832K
Radio: 1.14.25.35
ROM: EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) Build 2009/6/5
SPL: 1.90.OliNex

Desire: PB99200 (T-Mobile UK Version) Unrooted
ROM: HTC Official 2.2 via Goldcard
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black93300ZX View Post
as for the AT&T branding it's a pre release version, as for it being euro flashed with AT&T ROM not at all.
Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.

stpete111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNimrod View Post
Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.
Because the guy he bought it from on Ebay is LYING to him.
"It's better to have these features and not need them than to need them and not have them..."

HTC Touch HD (Telstra Version)

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe