Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

White Streak parts

Tip us?

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
The innerSDs used on the S5 are just class2 sandisk's, I think they're unbranded ones as in they have no label markings, but I havnt actually opened one up myself.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashDebug View Post
you know what's tickling my fancy lately, I'd like to goto like, a lamborghini workshop (do they even exist?) and buy like a small can of that metallic orange or flashy green paint that they use for the Murcielagos. now THAT would rock.
and talking about innersd, since this thread is already the mother of offtopics and, ultimately, what the hell, we are too few to create actual clutter, I am looking for an innersd that came out of a streak, if anyone can help
I'll steer it back on topic as soon as i get the casing for my streak.

Akhil
Old
Thanks Meter 978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post

Granted the front ones are tacky, but I think the original intention was like what they did on the inspiron series: where you could choose your color ahead of time and for custom colors/designs they would manufacture to order.

If that was the case they would REALLY stand out as far as phones go, Dell's a computer/laptop manufacturer of course, and this is pretty common as far as laptops go.

I'd personally rather the S5 had as many sold as the note, we'd get more devs by virtue of more users. Pretty much all our devs are kernel devs, we dont have much in the way of userland devs (which is a big part of porting a newer version of android)
Wonder if i dragged the thread off topic enough
Hello Manii!
I am taking this thread off topic. I just wanted to ask one thing from you. There's been a guide in xda tv on "How to compile ICS " , can't ICS be compiled for DS 5 from that method also? I m asking this because i wanted to give a try to that method.

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
Being able to compile ICS doesnt matter when you dont have the drivers for everything.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

crashDebug
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
The innerSDs used on the S5 are just class2 sandisk's, I think they're unbranded ones as in they have no label markings, but I havnt actually opened one up myself.
yeah but I tried one and it works just bad whereas with the original sdcard, albeit corrupted and needing a hard reset every 12 hours, it works perfectly
3210 (still alive and well) > 7110 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > n70 (still alive and well) > hd (sold) > streak (alive but broken) > sensation xe (sold) > nexus S (sold) > desire (sold) > nexus 4 + g pad

crashDebug
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyokt4j View Post
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I'd been wanting to make my black aws model into a white one for quite a while, now that I'd found a place that supplies them I wanted to share it with the rest of our community. Will report back on how it goes and quality of pieces once I get them.

http://www.acceport.com/dell-streak-mini-5.html
any updates yet?
3210 (still alive and well) > 7110 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > n70 (still alive and well) > hd (sold) > streak (alive but broken) > sensation xe (sold) > nexus S (sold) > desire (sold) > nexus 4 + g pad

sanyokt4j
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashDebug View Post
any updates yet?
sadly no, the seller refunded the money and told me to resend the payment once I recieve it, I think there was someone else on here that ordered from same site and said it took up to two months