Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sell or keep?

Tip us?

hodiedodie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Sell or keep?

I am a GSM user. I have received a white Galaxys S II I9100. Should I just go ahead and sell it on ebay or is it superior enough to the Photon I should consider opening the box and keeping it. I would like to know why Photon users would prefer their Photon over it or vis versa. Thanks.

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodiedodie View Post
I am a GSM user. I have received a white Galaxys S II I9100. Should I just go ahead and sell it on ebay or is it superior enough to the Photon I should consider opening the box and keeping it. I would like to know why Photon users would prefer their Photon over it or vis versa. Thanks.
If you are in it for the development than SII has more than the Photon (even though quantity doesn't usually equal quality). Also, SII is faster specs and has the super amoled which is a plus for some that don't like the Photon's pentile screen. However, the Photon can utilize Tegra optimized games which may not run as well on the SII.

In my opinion the Photon is better build quality. Just feels more solid. Also, the SII cannot match the Photon's radio. Signal strenth is better from what I have comparted by at least 2 bars (comparing to the Epic Touch (Sprint)).

My opinion....sell it and keep the Photon.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold

rexxxgg
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I would keep em both and swap one out for another when you get tired of one just my opinion

hodiedodie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxxgg View Post
I would keep em both and swap one out for another when you get tired of one just my opinion
Thats exactly what im doing right now. I feel like a glut with two phones. It feels bad watching my Photon just collect dust now. So many good times trying new ROMs. .......i dont miss the camera and weight though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA