XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HDMI + Gingerbread = No GPS

Tip us?

cruton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default HDMI + Gingerbread = No GPS

Here's an interesting problem: Using an hdmi dock with an hdmi cable on the newest Sprint Gingerbread rom seems to kill GPS. When I bring up Google Maps it just can't find the satellites.

I don't know if the rom has anything to do with it but I do know that this rom acts with a different set of rules than the previous ones.

If I use the dock with the 3.5mm audio out and unplug the hdmi cable it works fine.

I know I'm probably the only person the planet that uses a Tab this way but if anyone has gotten this configuration to work please let me know so I know that I'm not crazy.

thanks
AT&T Tilt stock rom

itsjusttim
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Mine works fine.

Tmo tab on latest overcome.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

gg123456
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruton View Post
Using an hdmi dock with an hdmi cable on the newest Sprint Gingerbread rom seems to kill GPS. When I bring up Google Maps it just can't find the satellites.
I have the same problem as you with HTC Sensation. Did you found the solution?

cruton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Not really. I have a theory that connecting the HDMI out is unbalancing the GPS antenna. I might start cutting wires and isolating the ground but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
AT&T Tilt stock rom

cruton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well I've tried a new hdmi dock, 2 different hdmi receivers, and even a galaxy tab 7.0 plus. It seems to be endemic to Samsung's hardware.

Time to try a Springboard
AT&T Tilt stock rom