HDMI + Gingerbread = No GPS

OP cruton

29th August 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
More
Here's an interesting problem: Using an hdmi dock with an hdmi cable on the newest Sprint Gingerbread rom seems to kill GPS. When I bring up Google Maps it just can't find the satellites.

I don't know if the rom has anything to do with it but I do know that this rom acts with a different set of rules than the previous ones.

If I use the dock with the 3.5mm audio out and unplug the hdmi cable it works fine.

I know I'm probably the only person the planet that uses a Tab this way but if anyone has gotten this configuration to work please let me know so I know that I'm not crazy.

thanks
29th August 2011, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 175

1,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine works fine.

Tmo tab on latest overcome.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
30th January 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruton

Using an hdmi dock with an hdmi cable on the newest Sprint Gingerbread rom seems to kill GPS. When I bring up Google Maps it just can't find the satellites.

I have the same problem as you with HTC Sensation. Did you found the solution?
7th February 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

92 posts
More
Not really. I have a theory that connecting the HDMI out is unbalancing the GPS antenna. I might start cutting wires and isolating the ground but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
21st April 2012, 02:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

92 posts
More
Well I've tried a new hdmi dock, 2 different hdmi receivers, and even a galaxy tab 7.0 plus. It seems to be endemic to Samsung's hardware.

Time to try a Springboard
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread