Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tweaked v2 ROM update

Tip us?

mromblad
Old
Thanks Meter 14
lol, silly lane, adding fuel to a fire for no reason. It's ok man, it really is. a whopping 37 posts means nothing because there is no count for the amount of threads that you read. that's the important issue here friend, reading. You don't need an account to read the forums. For all you or anyone else knows he comes from a forum where asking stupid questions is allowed. Granted the mods let it happen here too, but they shouldn't.

But yes, thank you for taking the time to analyze the situation that you weren't part of to begin with. Next time, keep it to pm if you have a problem with what I said, thanks.

~Sircrazy

lane32x
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Wink ah ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mromblad View Post
lol, silly lane, adding fuel to a fire for no reason. It's ok man, it really is. a whopping 37 posts means nothing because there is no count for the amount of threads that you read. that's the important issue here friend, reading. You don't need an account to read the forums. For all you or anyone else knows he comes from a forum where asking stupid questions is allowed. Granted the mods let it happen here too, but they shouldn't.

But yes, thank you for taking the time to analyze the situation that you weren't part of to begin with. Next time, keep it to pm if you have a problem with what I said, thanks.

~Sircrazy
An alias! ah ha!
I only pop back over to these forums every now and again but I wanted to see what fun stuff was posted here. And anyways, there are nicer ways of telling the newbs how to browse the forums.
Some people are too quick to ask questions before reading, but you see that on a lot of threads. And at least he wasn't asking something crazy stupid like "I just flashed an HTC rom on my Motorola Droid and I know I'm in the wrong forum but could you help me..."

whitejul
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Did your install of Tweaked2.0 go well?

If not, I was having problems (it would get stuck on the SAMSUNG screen) until I used ODIN to put CWM on there (like you did) but before I flashed the Tweaked2.0 zip file, I had to go to Mounts (in CWM) and tell it to mount /system (after you do that it should then say "unmount /system" where before it simply said "mount system").

Good luck and enjoy!
Actually I did. These are the steps I went through:
  1. I used ODIN to go back to the original Verizon ROM my phone had (stock) and then let the phone to update itself (OTA).
  2. Once I got my phone back to "original" I use ODIN to install the latest CWM (Clockwork Recovery Mod) 0302_charge_recovery.tar.md5 which gave me version v5.0.1.7 ( I do not understand why different numbers under the same version).
  3. Once I installed CWM, I did not know what to do with it. I just read somewhere else that I had to have that installed, so I did.
  4. Then as a final step I use again ODIN to install the latest Tweaked v2 ROM “Tw3@k3d0411.tar.md5”

As of now I am testing the new built. One thing that annoyed me was that there were 22 applications under the Applications menu; they were disorganized in four panes (or windows) so I had to manually rearranged them in alphabetical order, and after that I got rid off two panes, fitting 16 apps per pane/window.

Other than that, I'll continue using the new ROM.

White!

Shimee
Old
(Last edited by Shimee; 20th April 2012 at 03:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Question about physical buttons not lighting up

In order to limit thread creation I'm hijacking this one due to the general title.

After flashing TWO Charge's with Tweaked 2.0 the row of physical buttons no longer light up. I flashed one back to EP4D (which made them light up again) and then back to Tweaked (which borked them again) already to see what would happen.

Is this part of the tweaks to disable them lighting up? Is there somewhere I can go modify a script and have them light up again?

Thanks

(I'm a Chemical Engineer, I can do anything with cars but when it comes to anything past Odin and CWM, my nerdiness is superceded by this forum. )

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimee View Post
In order to limit thread creation I'm hijacking this one due to the general title.

After flashing TWO Charge's with Tweaked 2.0 the row of physical buttons no longer light up. I flashed one back to EP4D (which made them light up again) and then back to Tweaked (which borked them again) already to see what would happen.

Is this part of the tweaks to disable them lighting up? Is there somewhere I can go modify a script and have them light up again?

Thanks

(I'm a Chemical Engineer, I can do anything with cars but when it comes to anything past Odin and CWM, my nerdiness is superceded by this forum. )
This is due to the BLN mod that is included in the rom. See the link below for more info on what BLN does.

It can be disabled through tweaktools if you'd rather have the key backlights act normally (CWM Modifications->BLNModOff)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/20362-mod...-droid-charge/
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shimee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

But my god finding what TweakTools is and how to enter it was difficult. You can't forget that noobs have no idea about some things so it would have been nice to get a link to tonsit's site or a brief explanation of Terminal Emulator, or something. But then again that's not as satisfying as searching on your own.

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,663

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimee View Post
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

But my god finding what TweakTools is and how to enter it was difficult. You can't forget that noobs have no idea about some things so it would have been nice to get a link to tonsit's site or a brief explanation of Terminal Emulator, or something. But then again that's not as satisfying as searching on your own.
To be fair - there is a link to all of that in the OP - well, it's the second post, but I figured most would look there as that outlines all the changes that had gone down. Sorry for the confusion - here is the link from that post. Check it out, it ought to be pretty helpful.
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]