Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best from for listening to music??

OP yvibes

19th April 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 216

827 posts
More
Anyone know of any roms that are good for listening to music? I don't mind if its gb or ics... just need a good listening experience as I will be on a long journey tomorrow! Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
19th April 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

827 posts
More
19th April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Any if them. Power amp is a great app for music, I like it a lot.

Sent from my Desire HD using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

47 posts
It's not the rom that made sound quality, but the phone and the headset. What do you use as earphone ?
19th April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Genève
Thanks Meter: 144

1,238 posts
More
Get any sense 3.5 rom, make sure it has beats plugin in the stock music player. Choose srs enhancement and play the song...nothing can beat that quality.
20th April 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 89

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroG42

It's not the rom that made sound quality, but the phone and the headset. What do you use as earphone ?

So true. Rom or music player won't do anything much, except for some which have dspmod in it. The point is a good headset is the key for a good music. Plus an amp if you could afford one. :hehe:
20th April 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 40

267 posts
More
if you have a long journey than sure you need better battery life install cm7 and with power amo or player pro or winamp or even the stock one with dsp manager should work fine
20th April 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

827 posts
More
Thanks for all the posts guys! Know beats aren't loved here but I've got a pair of studios (I got them cheap off a friend :P not stupid enough to pay more than they are worth). I went with a sense 3.5 rom in the end with power amp and it was great! The only thing is...on quite a few roms, I experience this annoying thing!! Sometimes while listening to music...I'll unlock the screen and this weird noise interrupts the song...sometimes it happens when I lock the phone aswell. Its not the headphones coz it happens with all my headphones :/ I thought it may be rom related but its not

20th April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #9  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvibes

Thanks for all the posts guys! Know beats aren't loved here but I've got a pair of studios (I got them cheap off a friend :P not stupid enough to pay more than they are worth). I went with a sense 3.5 rom in the end with power amp and it was great! The only thing is...on quite a few roms, I experience this annoying thing!! Sometimes while listening to music...I'll unlock the screen and this weird noise interrupts the song...sometimes it happens when I lock the phone aswell. Its not the headphones coz it happens with all my headphones :/ I thought it may be rom related but its not

dig into the advance audio engine settings of poweramp. increase the buffer size to 750ms. should make that go away.
21st April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

827 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion

dig into the advance audio engine settings of poweramp. increase the buffer size to 750ms. should make that go away.

Trying that now...will report back although I've switched to primo s sense 4.0 Rom and the problem seems to be gone :/

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread