Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7] Neutrino ROM V2.9 ¦ V3.00b1 [24/02]

Tip us?

Ilkinansr92
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus671 View Post

Auto backlighting kinda works, but the settings for "edit levels" fcing, is a known issue
Yeh i know its a known issue thats why i asked what other ways can i edit them manually. Tried some apps but they dont seem to have custom key backlights olny for screen. So wat files i need to edit to change the setting programs i neeed and etc.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Motorola Atrix 4G --> Lg Optimus G --> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Erebus671
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkinansr92 View Post
Yeh i know its a known issue thats why i asked what other ways can i edit them manually. Tried some apps but they dont seem to have custom key backlights olny for screen. So wat files i need to edit to change the setting programs i neeed and etc.

Honestly, I have no clue, It may be a /syste/bin file, or even a /system/lib file... but don't quote me on that, it is merely speculation...

Formhault
Old
(Last edited by Formhault; 21st April 2012 at 10:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,065
Quote:
You're so pushy!

Quote:
Auto backlighting kinda works, but the settings for "edit levels" fcing, is a known issue.
Hmm... Is it possible to dim / turn off the capacitive keys?! (speaking of backlighting )

Quote:
To be honest, I never get anything 3rd party, not unless I see at least 50 positive reviews, and even then I have to go through and look for negative reviews before I purchase, that way I know both the pros and the cons of whatever I'm looking at.
Problem is, some times, people write reviews stating that the product is AWESOME even though, say, they don't even know how much the battery should last (compared to the OEM one) Hence it's not always good to buy a product in function of the reviews... unless they're of quality (the reviews, I mean - oh, and the products, as well).

That time I bought an external battery charger of 1900 mAh... It charged my HTC Desire's (already used) battery of 1400 mAh (it was barely holding 1100 mAh) only half... So the mighty external battery wasn't 1900 mAh, but ~600, which is even les than 50% . Guess what? Everybody else liked their product : they were using it on phones such as Nokia 3310 (you get the point) .

Quote:
As far as the radios goes, I say just find the one that works best overall (wifi/2G/3G/GPS) and stick with that.
Yeah... I know... But some times, some radios are reccomended because the RIL of a ROM/Android matches it and... oh well... Guesss I'll stick to 100.0R for a few days, and if something goes wrong, return to the older one.

Quote:
All I'm going to say is what I always say, stranger things have happened, if you run into problems flashing the ROM using TWRP, and reflashing with a clean flash doesn't work, try switching back to the romracer's recovery and see if that helps. Please, let's not get into an argument over recoveries again. I'm just giving a little tip.

024r2? I'm using that as well, no problems here.
Mmmmkay. I'm on 024r2 as well, and I'm having no issues...

Quote:
btw, what's FFS?
That's for f***'s sake.
Did my post entertain or help you? Do you hate me? Hit the THANKS button!

To all my haters

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkinansr92 View Post
I was wondering does auto back light work correctly or it doesnt work because custom light Levels keep FCing. and if it does work how can i change the values manually if every time i click on Edit Levels it FC's? What program would i use and what values would i change and where are they located?
it doesn't force close for me, the only thing i can think of is that default levels cause FC maybe. i think you should try to install 2.6, set custom levels, then install 2.7 and don't wipe data, if it works, report back.

Erebus671
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post

Hmm... Is it possible to dim / turn off the capacitive keys?! (speaking of backlighting )

Problem is, some times, people write reviews stating that the product is AWESOME even though, say, they don't even know how much the battery should last (compared to the OEM one) Hence it's not always good to buy a product in function of the reviews... unless they're of quality (the reviews, I mean - oh, and the products, as well).

That time I bought an external battery charger of 1900 mAh... It charged my HTC Desire's (already used) battery of 1400 mAh (it was barely holding 1100 mAh) only half... So the mighty external battery wasn't 1900 mAh, but ~600, which is even les than 50% . Guess what? Everybody else liked their product : they were using it on phones such as Nokia 3310 (you get the point) .

Yeah... I know... But some times, some radios are reccomended because the RIL of a ROM/Android matches it and... oh well... Guesss I'll stick to 100.0R for a few days, and if something goes wrong, return to the older one.

Mmmmkay. I'm on 024r2 as well, and I'm having no issues...

That's for f***'s sake.
I believe there is,I'm just not sure where.

Yes, that is why I always look for the NEGATIVE reviews. Those are, for the most part, "professional" or at least knowledgeable reviews. If I see a review with the "scientific" facts to prove it, I will take those over anything else.

True on the rils part.

Well for f***s sake! Why do people have to shorten everything?

Going into a movie, will be quiet for some time

xploited
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post
I don't really know. That's what it was like on HTC Sense ROMs... I explained in the post... I have no example to show you, since no one videotaped their animation while charging, lol.

Or perhaps you could add a % number inside your animation while charging... It's good to know how much the battery has gone up while charging, and using the phone .
Well man, your explanation was more or less good. But I can't make one without seeing one . And I never owned an HTC phone either.

Maybe you know a specific HTC rom that uses these charging icons?
Galaxy SIII i9300 AOSP
Nexus 7

Formhault
Old
(Last edited by Formhault; 21st April 2012 at 01:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by xploited View Post
Well man, your explanation was more or less good. But I can't make one without seeing one . And I never owned an HTC phone either.

Maybe you know a specific HTC rom that uses these charging icons?
LeeDrOiD ROM... I just asked him and a bunch of other guys on Twitter, hope they can respond.

When I had the HTC EVO 3D and I had a ROM that was GORGEOUS, but didn't had % in the battery meter, I used the UOT Kitchen to make it right.
Go to the UOT Kitchen, then check "Use this mod" under "Battery", and scroll down a bit. Under "Charging animation" you will see three animations - the third one (Hybrid) depicts best the mod I was telling you about .

LordClockan told me to look for the honey icon in his IceColdSandwich AOKP ROM for the HTC Desire HD. It's a XML mod or something... Have a look here. Don't know if that helps... I hope so :/

To all my haters

Formhault
Old
(Last edited by Formhault; 22nd April 2012 at 09:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,065
Default Wrong battery percent in status bar icon

Here's proof of the asynchronous battery percent thing I was talking about earlier (if anyone noticed my post before this ). Look at the status bar icon and at the lockscreen text.

When the lockscreen text says the battery is at X%, and the status bar icon shows Y%... the lockscreen is right. In Settings -> About, the same X% is shown (not Y%).

If I change the status bar battery icon to percentage, it is all good. So I take the icon is bugged...

-----

Happens as well at other battery levels - for example, it shows 55% on the lockscreen, and the status icon shows 60%...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1335006265842.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1017071   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1335009304635.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1017072  

To all my haters

Notorious544d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,381

DONATE TO ME
Regarding the new nightly, (20/04):
It only has 4 very minor changes.

Therefore I don't feel that it is worth the hassle for a ROM update as it'll more or less be equal to V2.7.

Hope you understand.

-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--
If you like my work, kindly hit the 'thanks' button.
And if you're really kind, consider a small donation by hitting the smiley below.

The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious544d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Formhault
Old
Thanks Meter 3,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious544d View Post
Regarding the new nightly, (20/04):
It only has 4 very minor changes.

Therefore I don't feel that it is worth the hassle for a ROM update as it'll more or less be equal to V2.7.

Hope you understand.
Changes like "changed Wi-Fi scan from 12.3 seconds to 12.5"? Cause I've seen "fixes" like those .

On a side note... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1135

To all my haters

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, neutrino, rom