Tip us?

Unknownforce
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaochen View Post
I have tried to flash evo 4G's rom, just failed silently, return to fastboot without any message.

Also, factory reset just return to fastboot, with message security warning.

Fastboot -w just said remote not allowed.

So, maybe my only option is to wait ICS RUU... my God!

Anyway, thanks very much, especially to unknownforce!
Can you use HTC Unlock again? I have never used it, does it work from inside the bootloader?

If so, re-unlock, then try to flash the RUU or factory reset again.

Developer of the Ultimate Recovery Tool for the EVO 3D CDMA and GSM

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Current ROM: TriForceROM 5.4

People can't seem to find the Donate button as I get messages asking where to donate to, so you can buy me a beer here.

noodle0506
Old
Thanks Meter 1
so is the hardest part of this trying to get the 1.13 ruu to download? lol i have been trying for 2 days lol. will any 1.13 ruu work or do i have to have this one
The Following User Says Thank You to noodle0506 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ridleyj329
Old
Thanks Meter 29
im having trouble getting my ubuntu to recognize my phone. How can i tell tell if my phone is actually bricked or not? Or maybe if there is an issue with my connection or my linux box.

Unknownforce
Old
Thanks Meter 4253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
im having trouble getting my ubuntu to recognize my phone. How can i tell tell if my phone is actually bricked or not? Or maybe if there is an issue with my connection or my linux box.
It's bricked if the device no longer boots at all (No power) and when you put the battery back in and plug it into the wall, it does NOT indicate that it's charging. (Only the dim light shows up)

People can't seem to find the Donate button as I get messages asking where to donate to, so you can buy me a beer here.

Unknownforce
Old
Thanks Meter 4253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle0506 View Post
so is the hardest part of this trying to get the 1.13 ruu to download? lol i have been trying for 2 days lol. will any 1.13 ruu work or do i have to have this one
Try different mirrors, as long as it's the exe for it, you should be fine.

ridleyj329
Old
(Last edited by ridleyj329; 22nd April 2012 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
It's bricked if the device no longer boots at all (No power) and when you put the battery back in and plug it into the wall, it does NOT indicate that it's charging. (Only the dim light shows up)
thanks! i tried last night and tried the battery pull method. I got the dim red light and when I plugged my phone in i got no response. i put the battery in while plugged into my linux box and i got the bright light as if it were charging. maybe i pulled batter too soon. i was able to boot into fast boot installed the the PG86IMG i had which allowd me to get back up and running. I'll have to try again when I get off work tonight.

thznutz87
Old
(Last edited by thznutz87; 22nd April 2012 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
http://i.minus.com/1335119674/2D7rTt4wTHP6W0c6ao6Bzw/inOJqDZiLCS46.exe

There is 1.13
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Unknownforce
Old
Thanks Meter 4253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
thanks! i tried last night and tried the battery pull method. I got the dim red light and when I plugged my phone in i got no response. i put the battery in while plugged into my linux box and i got the bright light as if it were charging. maybe i pulled batter too soon. i was able to boot into fast boot installed the the PG86IMG i had which allowd me to get back up and running. I'll have to try again when I get off work tonight.
Yeah, Bright light means not bricked. Give it another shot.

sniperkill
Old
Thanks Meter 305
for anyone that knows, what ever happened to the origional first couple of steps where you have to put the "misc_version" to /data/local? There was another file also, but I cant remember what it's called. Do we still need to push the "misc_version" file?

Unknownforce
Old
Thanks Meter 4253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperkill View Post
for anyone that knows, what ever happened to the origional first couple of steps where you have to put the "misc_version" to /data/local? There was another file also, but I cant remember what it's called. Do we still need to push the "misc_version" file?
Nope, this is not necessary anymore. The downgrade tool flashes the misc partition and the hboot now, so temproot is not even required at all. just brick it and downgrade.

Tags
if you're scared say you're scared, man up and do it, the bees knees
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe