FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[DOWNGRADE HBOOT/UNBRICK] HBOOT 1.50 -> 1.40 for S-OFF/Root

2,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
By Unknownforce, Retired Recognized Developer on 15th March 2012, 04:09 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st April 2012, 03:55 PM |#1881  
Unknownforce's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaochen

I have tried to flash evo 4G's rom, just failed silently, return to fastboot without any message.

Also, factory reset just return to fastboot, with message security warning.

Fastboot -w just said remote not allowed.

So, maybe my only option is to wait ICS RUU... my God!

Anyway, thanks very much, especially to unknownforce!

Can you use HTC Unlock again? I have never used it, does it work from inside the bootloader?

If so, re-unlock, then try to flash the RUU or factory reset again.
 
 
22nd April 2012, 02:57 PM |#1882  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
so is the hardest part of this trying to get the 1.13 ruu to download? lol i have been trying for 2 days lol. will any 1.13 ruu work or do i have to have this one
The Following User Says Thank You to noodle0506 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:33 PM |#1883  
ridleyj329's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
im having trouble getting my ubuntu to recognize my phone. How can i tell tell if my phone is actually bricked or not? Or maybe if there is an issue with my connection or my linux box.
22nd April 2012, 03:43 PM |#1884  
Unknownforce's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329

im having trouble getting my ubuntu to recognize my phone. How can i tell tell if my phone is actually bricked or not? Or maybe if there is an issue with my connection or my linux box.

It's bricked if the device no longer boots at all (No power) and when you put the battery back in and plug it into the wall, it does NOT indicate that it's charging. (Only the dim light shows up)
22nd April 2012, 03:43 PM |#1885  
Unknownforce's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle0506

so is the hardest part of this trying to get the 1.13 ruu to download? lol i have been trying for 2 days lol. will any 1.13 ruu work or do i have to have this one

Try different mirrors, as long as it's the exe for it, you should be fine.
22nd April 2012, 04:16 PM |#1886  
ridleyj329's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce

It's bricked if the device no longer boots at all (No power) and when you put the battery back in and plug it into the wall, it does NOT indicate that it's charging. (Only the dim light shows up)

thanks! i tried last night and tried the battery pull method. I got the dim red light and when I plugged my phone in i got no response. i put the battery in while plugged into my linux box and i got the bright light as if it were charging. maybe i pulled batter too soon. i was able to boot into fast boot installed the the PG86IMG i had which allowd me to get back up and running. I'll have to try again when I get off work tonight.
Last edited by ridleyj329; 22nd April 2012 at 04:34 PM.
22nd April 2012, 04:37 PM |#1887  
thznutz87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
http://i.minus.com/1335119674/2D7rTt4wTHP6W0c6ao6Bzw/inOJqDZiLCS46.exe

There is 1.13
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Last edited by thznutz87; 22nd April 2012 at 04:44 PM.
22nd April 2012, 06:31 PM |#1888  
Unknownforce's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329

thanks! i tried last night and tried the battery pull method. I got the dim red light and when I plugged my phone in i got no response. i put the battery in while plugged into my linux box and i got the bright light as if it were charging. maybe i pulled batter too soon. i was able to boot into fast boot installed the the PG86IMG i had which allowd me to get back up and running. I'll have to try again when I get off work tonight.

Yeah, Bright light means not bricked. Give it another shot.
22nd April 2012, 09:05 PM |#1889  
sniperkill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 313
 
More
for anyone that knows, what ever happened to the origional first couple of steps where you have to put the "misc_version" to /data/local? There was another file also, but I cant remember what it's called. Do we still need to push the "misc_version" file?
22nd April 2012, 09:11 PM |#1890  
Unknownforce's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperkill

for anyone that knows, what ever happened to the origional first couple of steps where you have to put the "misc_version" to /data/local? There was another file also, but I cant remember what it's called. Do we still need to push the "misc_version" file?

Nope, this is not necessary anymore. The downgrade tool flashes the misc partition and the hboot now, so temproot is not even required at all. just brick it and downgrade.
22nd April 2012, 09:57 PM |#1891  
sniperkill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 313
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce

Nope, this is not necessary anymore. The downgrade tool flashes the misc partition and the hboot now, so temproot is not even required at all. just brick it and downgrade.


So now the only option we have is to use the tool kit cd/usb thing? What happens if we already have Ubuntu installed, and we dont need to run it off of a usb drive or a live cd? How do we use the tool kit in this case?

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
if you're scared say you're scared, man up and do it, the bees knees
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes