Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus widget ports tested on CM9 TP

Tip us?

belle-etoile
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this! I installed a new ROM on my Transformer Prime and was really missing the Asus email widget, this is just what I was looking for and worked perfectly

CXENTE
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabelmont View Post
Per request Im posting some Asus native widgets:

I have some more Asus native apps/widgets/wallpapers - if anyone wants let me know.

Thank you very much... They work great on my G slate, wheres the wallpapers at :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335130385444.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	1019466  

spunker88
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Anybody know how to keep these when flashing a new CM9 nightly? The weather one can be installed like a regular apk since it doesn't replace a system app, but others that replace system apps cannot be and it looks like they get overwritten by the next rom flash. Do I have to place a copy of the apk somewhere else, I was thinking of trying /data/app since thats where updated system apps like Google Play updates go, while the older apk stays in /system.
Motorola Droid Bionic
Stock 4.1.2 Rooted
CM11 4.4 Safestrap

HP Touchpad
Evervolv 4.4

Toshiba Encore
Windows 8.1

tong6998
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunker88 View Post
Anybody know how to keep these when flashing a new CM9 nightly? The weather one can be installed like a regular apk since it doesn't replace a system app, but others that replace system apps cannot be and it looks like they get overwritten by the next rom flash. Do I have to place a copy of the apk somewhere else, I was thinking of trying /data/app since thats where updated system apps like Google Play updates go, while the older apk stays in /system.
Due to your same question, I actually made a folder in my download folder and called it Asus, I keep a copy of all of the ones I use in there so that when I do flash the nightly's or any updates, I can get back to the way I was setup in no time. Yes i do redo it every time manually (except the ones with signed apk's.)

Now I wish they had made a calendar app/widget that looked and worked the same as the rest of theirs, that would make my homescreen absolutely perfect.

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunker88 View Post
You simply put them in the /system/app folder of the zip archive before flashing

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to cdzo72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistabelmont
Old
(Last edited by mistabelmont; 27th April 2012 at 01:49 PM.) Reason: add
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXENTE View Post
Thank you very much... They work great on my G slate, wheres the wallpapers at :)

as requested

For jpegs i use "HP Touchpad Wallpaper Applier" - I think its in the market. For apk - normal installation, asterwards select it under live wallpapers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asus_dark.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1027295   Click image for larger version

Name:	asus_default.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	1027296   Click image for larger version

Name:	asus_firstsnow.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1027297   Click image for larger version

Name:	asus_dusk.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	1027324   Click image for larger version

Name:	asus_daybreak.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1027325  

Attached Files
File Type: apk MyWater2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.49 MB, 161 views)

mistabelmont
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Not sure if this one was posted. Its a little tricky to get it to work on TP - when selecting it from live wallpapers you have to hit 'set wallpaper' before preview is finished loading otherwise it FC. However, once wp is set it works fine with no crashes.
Attached Files
File Type: apk MyWater_signed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.09 MB, 126 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mistabelmont For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K1215H
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has any one had problems with the Asus email widget after updating to the latest cm9 official nightly (28/04/2012)?

The widget no longer works for me. All the other Asus Widgets work.

CXENTE
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1215H View Post
Has any one had problems with the Asus email widget after updating to the latest cm9 official nightly (28/04/2012)?

The widget no longer works for me. All the other Asus Widgets work.
Just copy them back to system/apps. . When i update to a new build, on my g slate. . They stop working also.. So just copy them back on there.. Solved....

hdad2
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Excellent stuff! Thanks op