Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Procedure]No HTC unlock HC-GB downgrade for official HC OTA

Tip us?

FrostyOrDie
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I couldn'twait so I tried myself. My command prompt said flyer was already locked as well. But with the right ruu, I still made it through the update exe and got back to gingerbread. Yee hah! Now I'm off to revolutionary/io

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jacobbones
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I am unsure of how I know which RUU I need.

I have a US Wifi only flyer

JJnJ
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I cannot get the RUU to instal, it keeps telling me that my bootloader gives a probleme. Just bought e new WWE 3g/wifi 32gb and did all the steps in the first post. Then tried installing the correct RUU

deaglecat
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Two dumb questions ...

1. Does this process void your warranty ?
2. Could you re-apply the official HC upgrade (OTA) at a later date as if the device was as original ?

deaglecat
Old
Thanks Meter 10
never mind - it is done now.

All went OK. Thanks OP for your efforts in producing the guide.

for my UK 16GB Wifi (cid HTC__001) , I used :

RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_Wifi_1.36.1114.32_Radio_20.3501. 30.089BU_3809.05.04.10_M_release_191235_signed.exe

There was a bit of usb unreliability in getting adb commands to execute... but all in all pretty straightforward.

The only difference that I had from your instructions was that the very last "fastboot oem lock" command came back and said already locked.

Weird but it works fine and has subsequently accepted an 40Mb ish OTA upgrade to 2.27.1114.31

And then a 4.5mb ish OTA security upgrade to 2.27.1114.32

Its offering me the Android 3.2 update now... but that way lies madness. It is nice to have the hardware buttons back and a full sized usable screen area.

nphaibk
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default Recovery install?

I see no installation of Recovery??? but in the 1st post

... "At this point your device will reboot to recovery"...

this means there is a "stock" recovery?

thanks
Device: HTC Diamond / Topaz
ROM: 2core / 2coreT
Radio: 1.00.25.05

FrostyOrDie
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Yes you can go back to stock

sent from a galaxy far far away

loddogg
Old
Thanks Meter 3
ok just to confirm....
i unlock my flyer (wifi) with htc dev...i couldn't downgrade using this method. After i relock my bootloader (instruction for unlocking and relocking is on htc dev)

Now with relocked bootloader after multiply times i get my flyer downgraded from official honeycomb to official gingerbread (be sure u use right RUU for ur flyer!!)

I make a lot of mistakes most of them small unnoticeable, so just read through instruction and keep trying and u will get it. (in fact it took me 3 and half hour)

IF U UNLOCKED WITH HTC DEV JUST RELOCK UR BOOTLOADER THIS METHOD WILL STILL WORK.

thank you "globatron" for this great solution u save my life.

fearless_91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys can someone please help me..Ive followed all the steps and find flyer on a black screen with a silver htc in the middle ...how do i run the RUU through fastboot ?? or just in general please help.

hans3103
Old
Thanks Meter 22
This work great just follow all the steps and that's it. Now I'm on gb rooted with revolutionary and installed the recovery that comes with it the tab is stable and all the root options work. Great tutorial by globatron!!!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium