Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] DroidMote Server & Client - Wifi Control between Android Devices ++

Tip us?

fjd1976
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Crc32

When running the server on my acer a100 I get a crc32 failed.. Root but http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531646

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru
I try bubsybox jrummy16. But dont work.
My english is very

zulu99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjd1976 View Post
When running the server on my acer a100 I get a crc32 failed.. Root but http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531646

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru
I try bubsybox jrummy16. But dont work.
My english is very
Please do not write nonsense.
In any good rom with root you can install or upgrade busybox like and whenever you want.

regarding the problem of crc32, you can uninstall droidmote, reboot the android device and reinstall droidmote and it work. (if it not work update or install busybox).
crc32 is not a problem but an anti-crack policies
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zulu99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Today I tested the game R.U.S.E. on windows because it is the only game that i have found with multitouch support.
To enable multitouch edit the option.ini inside the game "multitouch=true".
Work very well with DroidMote i can rotate, pan, zoom in and out.

For those not familiar here is a video of R.U.S.E.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgMtI3YrTW8

some of you know any other game that supports multi-touch ?

x_my_arsenel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
Do not worry it's easy to make mistakes, but the fault is not yours, Onlive is using the wrong standard, but doing it on purpose to sell its controller.
However I had already written, just edit the file droidmote.kl, to play Onlive read this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=272
Thanks man! I love your app, works perfect on the Kindle Fire (no bluetooth/usb host). Do you plan to add more features to the gamepad? I had a few problems with the right analogue stick - I couldn't press the buttons (a, b etc.) while moving it at the same time It'd be nice to have some customizablility, for example 8 way joystick vs. 360 joystick, just because it's hard to have a one size fits all gamepad Keep up the awesome work though!

HTC Incredible S - Nik Aura Sense 4
Kindle Fire - CM9 Reloaded

zulu99
Old
(Last edited by zulu99; 21st April 2012 at 04:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_my_arsenel View Post
Thanks man! I love your app, works perfect on the Kindle Fire (no bluetooth/usb host). Do you plan to add more features to the gamepad? I had a few problems with the right analogue stick - I couldn't press the buttons (a, b etc.) while moving it at the same time It'd be nice to have some customizablility, for example 8 way joystick vs. 360 joystick, just because it's hard to have a one size fits all gamepad Keep up the awesome work though!
your problem is resolvible.

1) or you can assign to the arrows on the left stick, other functions. (others keycode in droidmote.kl)

2) or assign to the accelerometer same action that you do with the right stick or with the right buttons.

I tried droidmote with hundreds of Windows games, hundreds of Android games, and I always found a solution.

At first sight one does not think, but basically, you can remap 6 axes, 16 buttons and plus you have the mouse and multitouch that helps you in many other functions.

Mass Effect 3 for pc is the game harder to configure and does not natively support gamepads, but with droidmote, I managed to play satisfactorily.

zulu99
Old
(Last edited by zulu99; 25th April 2012 at 05:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
How to install drivers of droidmote server for windows on Windows 8 64 bit:

1) From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2) Click ‘More PC Settings’.
3) Click ‘General’.
4) Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
5) Wait a bit.
6) Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
7) Click ‘Advanced Options’
8) Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
9) Click Restart.
10) When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list.
11) open cmd (command prompt) as administrator
12) go to the driver folder
13) for installation type in cmd: install
14) after this type in cmd: bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

After driver installation do not forget:
install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) in any operating system you have 64 bit or 32 bit ***

p.s.
I'm testing Windows 8 64 bit in an external hard drive usb 3.0 with the function Windows to Go.
Windows To Go is a new feature of Windows 8 that allows to provision a full environment that will boot from a USB drive.
After installing it on the usb disk, I also encrypted the disk with the Bitlocker.
Everything works unexpectedly well.
DroidMote on Windows 8 is wonderful because it takes full advantage of the multitouch functionality, shortly be publishing a video..

kruidtablet
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Server issues

I just bought the server, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Client and server find eachother, client gets connected, server shows that client is connected. But no gestures or touches are executed on the server.

The only thing that works is the 'shutdown' button on the second tab of the droidmote client.

Server is running on a 'chinese' tablet (PC677) with ICS 4.0.3, client is a galaxy S with froyo 2.2

Any ideas ?

Thanks

zulu99
Old
(Last edited by zulu99; 26th April 2012 at 04:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruidtablet View Post
I just bought the server, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Client and server find eachother, client gets connected, server shows that client is connected. But no gestures or touches are executed on the server.

The only thing that works is the 'shutdown' button on the second tab of the droidmote client.

Server is running on a 'chinese' tablet (PC677) with ICS 4.0.3, client is a galaxy S with froyo 2.2

Any ideas ?

Thanks
yes. the rom of your 'chinese' tablet (PC677) is not compatible with droidmote server, but a different rom can resolve the problem.
try the server on the galaxy s and see how work well.
droidmote server is compatible with 90% of tablets and phones rom on the market
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kruidtablet
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
yes. the rom of your 'chinese' tablet (PC677) is not compatible with droidmote server, but a different rom can resolve the problem.
try the server on the galaxy s and see how work well.
droidmote server is compatible with 90% of tablets and phones rom on the market
The galaxy s has another google account, this would mean I'd have to buy the server two times ;(

Maybe I can help debug the tablet problem ?
After starting the server logcat shows I/LatinIME Unexpected input class inputType=0x00000000 imeOptions=0x00000000

What exactly does the kernel/rom need for it to work ?

Thanks

zulu99
Old
(Last edited by zulu99; 26th April 2012 at 04:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruidtablet View Post
The galaxy s has another google account, this would mean I'd have to buy the server two times ;(

Maybe I can help debug the tablet problem ?
After starting the server logcat shows I/LatinIME Unexpected input class inputType=0x00000000 imeOptions=0x00000000

What exactly does the kernel/rom need for it to work ?

Thanks
if you have the source code of your kernel contact me in private. you must need only a decent kernel compilation.