Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cm9 with iptables , netfilter and mlb atbat

Tip us?

echosa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cm9 with iptables , netfilter and mlb atbat

i currently have cm 7 on my nook but id really like to use the cm9 i got one of the nightlies last night and loved it. only problem is no iptables. is there a current build with this im not finding.

also seperate question i trying to use mlb atbat 12 with very little success. constant freezing after a few seconds anyone have any luck or tweaks that may help

thanks in advance

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by echosa View Post
i currently have cm 7 on my nook but id really like to use the cm9 i got one of the nightlies last night and loved it. only problem is no iptables. is there a current build with this im not finding.

also seperate question i trying to use mlb atbat 12 with very little success. constant freezing after a few seconds anyone have any luck or tweaks that may help

thanks in advance
I don't know anything about iptables, but AtBat12 runs good on my CM9. What are you doing when it freezes? I don't watch videos or watch MLB.com games, so that may be a difference.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

echosa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes thats the difference i have a subscription so im trying to watch the games and i need iptables to beable to use orbot to work around the blackout

mateorod
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3504

DONATE TO ME
I don't know anything about MLBAtBat or orbot, but I can tell you that CM9 does have iptables. And keyodi's kernel added NAT support a couple updates ago.

Things like droidwall now work, when before they didn't. Now something is definitely still not 100% enabled, for instance you can track app's wifi data usage through settings, but droidwall can't log packet blocks. I understand that proxydroid works now, though. Is that what orbot does?

Would a VPN work for you? You're just trying to get around a local blackout, right? Try DroidVPN, it is a fast network that is free in market. You'll have to email them for a password, though.

Anyway, I am not doubting there's a problem, but it isn't because there aren't IPtables. They've been there for a long while.

echosa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i downloaded the current nightly from eyeballer and everything worked good with the proxy stuff but now i cant get google apps to work even after logging into google voice and mlb app wont find my location hmm ill keep working thanks for the help