OP Assassin5150

16th April 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #31  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 125

889 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwill

Has anyone that bought Chevron Unlock actually paid for the AppHub subscription? I'm trying to see how long it's taking to be refunded the money. That's my only concern....a hundred bucks that I don't feel like lending

The website site says it'll take a few months for the refund to process.
17th April 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #32  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
I bit the bullet and paid the 100$. I saw in the Chevron labs website that the refund is automatic, and will be in a few months. That was good enough for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to beatseek@live.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #33  
Flag Pull-The-Man, WA
Thanks Meter: 83

823 posts
More
Q: How long does it take to receive a refund?
A: All eligible refunds will be processed monthly 60 days after April 13, 2012. It may take up to 60 additional days for the refund to appear on your credit card statement.

http://www.chevronwp7.com/

I am going to lend them my $99.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strike_Eagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #34  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 110

1,169 posts
More
Was there ever a direct statement that read this would be permanent? Or are all you divas just bitching like you always do on these forums when something isn't exactly how you want it? AppHub memberships are a year long, these tokens being time limited makes sense

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
21st April 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #35  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 133

1,172 posts
More
Name calling the "divas" doesn't change the fact that ChevronTexaco charged people $9 for a sideloading unlocker ....some of you self-righteousness people pass judgment on those sideloading Nokia apps on an HTC phone is a thief but never mentioned the folks that took $9 from 10,000 people whom, if they choose, can wait 2 months for a refund.....some of you gladly posting you paid $99 or loaned it, can't wait to try YOUR app....what's next, are you self righteous people going to the Leo forum and calling the dual booters thieves?

Sent from The ACSyndicate Tower using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
21st April 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
No, I'm not developing my a** off (still struggling to learn code, not easy @ my age with a job that has me nowhere near a pc) and yes I did buy unlocker to sideload apps: homebrew apps such as touchxperience, folders,etc.
As I understood it the unlocker was a tool for enthusiasts who were not ready for apphub submission, because with the unlocker you could not submit to the marketplace it was intended for homebrew, not to line Microsoft's coffers.
I am pretty much an end user and have not used the unlocker to pirate apps. I have used it to enhance the experience of WP7 with features that should have been included with the os in the first place.
I might have to bite on the apphub just to keep my level of customization.
21st April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #37  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 133

1,172 posts
More
I agree wholeheartedly, and I'm an end user....I paid $9 just to take screenshots....I've had my Schubert since December 2010, I've followed EVERY HD7 thread, I'm 32gb and ChevronTexaco unlocked....now look at the dude above my other post...he has dual booted HD2 in his signature, yet he proudly calls people putting Nokia apps on an HTC or Samsung phones thieves .....pot, meet kettle.....bottom line is the ChevronTexaco guys put this out and it was free, then Microsoft hired them and they became company men, period....I'll be getting a refund or filing a PayPal dispute.

21st April 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #38  
Flag San Antonio,TX
Thanks Meter: 34

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820

I agree wholeheartedly, and I'm an end user....I paid $9 just to take screenshots....I've had my Schubert since December 2010, I've followed EVERY HD7 thread, I'm 32gb and ChevronTexaco unlocked....now look at the dude above my other post...he has dual booted HD2 in his signature, yet he proudly calls people putting Nokia apps on an HTC or Samsung phones thieves .....pot, meet kettle.....bottom line is the ChevronTexaco guys put this out and it was free, then Microsoft hired them and they became company men, period....I'll be getting a refund or filing a PayPal dispute.

I agree..I saw his sig. too when I was posting earlier...I did not want to point it out and cause a fiasco...
The Following User Says Thank You to xconomicron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #39  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 18

158 posts
More
Yeah, this whole mess is quite ridiculous; I had to pay $9 to ChevronWP7 unlock my Focus & my Focus S, then interop-unlock them just so I could do basic things like change my text alert notification sound and change tile/theme colors - stuff you should ALREADY be able to do without having to hack your phone! And now they want to relock my phone so I can't use my custom text alert notification or tile/theme colors unless I lend them $99, which I don't really have at the moment, for about two months?!!

Maybe I should go buy a Samsung Galaxy S II (or III, which is coming out shortly), go back to Android & install Launcher 7 Pro, so that I have a phone with the look of Windows Phone 7/7.5, with ALL the customization I want WITHOUT having to hack my phone or pay $99! The Galaxy S II would probably only cost me a bit more than the $99 MS wants me to lend them (yeah, I know I'll get that $99 back, but I'll be able to sell the Galaxy S II when I want to get a new phone)!

I don't really want to do that; I came to Windows Phone because I liked the interface better, but this is REALLY turning me off to the whole thing!

Way to promote Windows Phone, Microsoft!

Dennis
The Following User Says Thank You to dmw_4814 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #40  
Flag Pull-The-Man, WA
Thanks Meter: 83

823 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814

Yeah, this whole mess is quite ridiculous; I had to pay $9 to ChevronWP7 unlock my Focus & my Focus S, then interop-unlock them just so I could do basic things like change my text alert notification sound and change tile/theme colors - stuff you should ALREADY be able to do without having to hack your phone! And now they want to relock my phone so I can't use my custom text alert notification or tile/theme colors unless I lend them $99, which I don't really have at the moment, for about two months?!!

Maybe I should go buy a Samsung Galaxy S II (or III, which is coming out shortly), go back to Android & install Launcher 7 Pro, so that I have a phone with the look of Windows Phone 7/7.5, with ALL the customization I want WITHOUT having to hack my phone or pay $99! The Galaxy S II would probably only cost me a bit more than the $99 MS wants me to lend them (yeah, I know I'll get that $99 back, but I'll be able to sell the Galaxy S II when I want to get a new phone)!

I don't really want to do that; I came to Windows Phone because I liked the interface better, but this is REALLY turning me off to the whole thing!

Way to promote Windows Phone, Microsoft!

Dennis

Cool Story Bro.
No one give a ****.
You go and buy yourself an Android if you want customization. I would rather thank the Chevron Team for their unlock tool and their hard work to give us a free one year of premium membership with only $9 instead of $99 and it is a full unlock from Microsoft.
You bought a Windows Phone and now you are crying because it can't be customized easily, so you are a bad buyer who don't even know which is a good buy or bad buy for yourself. Congratulation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread