Sprint threatening letter! Not really unlimited...

OP danielddube

28th February 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Haven't had any problems with sprint other than hitting their bandwidth throttle. Seemed to limit my down rates to 300Kb/s at first then just cripple to a trickle after that.
28th February 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #12  
Flag "The Last Place You Look"
Thanks Meter: 157

694 posts
More
Did you have a high spike in usage? Did you move into a highly populated area?

These could be why. For example; 25GB, 41GB, 33GB, 44GB; Those are my usages for the last 4 billing cycles. I transfer a lot of data over wifi, my home network, and other networks. Along with solely high quality video and audio [MOG, Rhapsody] streams. I've never received a letter or complaint.
21st April 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
More
Just got a letter from sprint saying exactly what the OP said. Not roaming but "unlimited data" usage. I'm always on 4g and I used about 109gb of data this month. They said if I don't control it they will terminate my contract. That's a lot of data I know but unlimited is unlimited!!! F them!
21st April 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #14  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,633

8,906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflewence

Just got a letter from sprint saying exactly what the OP said. Not roaming but "unlimited data" usage. I'm always on 4g and I used about 109gb of data this month. They said if I don't control it they will terminate my contract. That's a lot of data I know but unlimited is unlimited!!! F them!

Even I would argue against you dude. 109GB is an insane amount. They mean unlimited to a reasonable amount. My friend goes to 60GB and doesn't get warned. You must've went crazy with your data to make them warn you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #15  
Flag Mechanicsburg
Thanks Meter: 408

1,999 posts
More
If it does happen, just start up a prepaid number somewhere and port it out. Then port it back into Sprint. They have no say then.
23rd April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 18

75 posts
More
just to clarify, as I work for sprint currently:

Updating your PRL does nothing, other than tell the phone which towers have lower roaming costs. (on sprint)

Verizon doesn't roam on any network. (I was a verizon manager as well) If you have a vzw phone, you won't roam at all.

If your using 109 gb's a month and complaining about sprint saying something to you, I would reccommend getting an actual home internet connection instead of using it for tethering so much.

As far as the roaming stuff, yes, if you roam a ton while with sprint, they can release you from the contract, but its not an automatic thing. A lot of times you will have to call cs a few times (because sprint CS sucks, and are a bunch of morons usually) and have them pull the account and see how much you are roaming and how many dropped calls, ect, are.
23rd April 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #17  
Brooklyn, NY

8,906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman42028

just to clarify, as I work for sprint currently:

Updating your PRL does nothing, other than tell the phone which towers have lower roaming costs. (on sprint)

Verizon doesn't roam on any network. (I was a verizon manager as well) If you have a vzw phone, you won't roam at all.

If your using 109 gb's a month and complaining about sprint saying something to you, I would reccommend getting an actual home internet connection instead of using it for tethering so much.

As far as the roaming stuff, yes, if you roam a ton while with sprint, they can release you from the contract, but its not an automatic thing. A lot of times you will have to call cs a few times (because sprint CS sucks, and are a bunch of morons usually) and have them pull the account and see how much you are roaming and how many dropped calls, ect, are.

I was a technician at both Sprint and Verizon and I can tell you Verizon roams on Sprint. It happens a lot on my campus.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #18  
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 49

220 posts
More
Oh, sweet. This argument again. Please read the 'unlimited' agreement you have with Sprint. Please note the conditions which apply. Please note what specific data activities you are permitted in the agreement. Note also the prohibited activities. Finally, pay close attention to the bottom of this contract where you electronically signed and acknowledged/agreed to all the conditions which they are well within their rights to enforce.

109gb of data is quite a bit. How does one's handheld use that much data in a month?
24th April 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #19  
Brooklyn, NY

8,906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos

Oh, sweet. This argument again. Please read the 'unlimited' agreement you have with Sprint. Please note the conditions which apply. Please note what specific data activities you are permitted in the agreement. Note also the prohibited activities. Finally, pay close attention to the bottom of this contract where you electronically signed and acknowledged/agreed to all the conditions which they are well within their rights to enforce.

109gb of data is quite a bit. How does one's handheld use that much data in a month?

Tethering, obviously. I'm ok with tethering to a reasonable amount (ie to browse the web for a little while when there's no connection), or even to download a couple of gigs (on 4G) but 109GB is ridiculous and I side with Sprint in this case.
24th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 37

791 posts
More
Verizon throttled me for using 89GB ONE time, and then throttled me at 12gb. Now I have only used 5GB on my verizon phone so they don't come down with the throttle hamer of doom. Just giving a heads up that verizon is not true unlimited.

Proof:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbvD...hannel&list=UL

That is all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread