CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

NottachTrix4G - reverse 1% battery mod

OP surrealjam

20th April 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 69

351 posts
I am one of the many having the battery charging issue - won't charge past 85%... As I am using NottachTrix4G 1.3.1 (a Motorola-based ROM) with the standard Kernel I can't see what might be causing the trouble.

The only thing I can think which is not standard relating to this is that NottachTrix4G has the 1% battery mod.

So, the question is, does anyone know if it is possible to revert to completely stock Motorola battery drivers, and remove this modification? I would prefer to be stuck with 10% increments if that might be causing issues.

Many thanks
James
20th April 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 661

890 posts
More
Unless I'm mistaken, the 1% battery is strictly a display modification. Nothing was changed in regards to how the battery itself is monitored and handled by the system. At least, that's my understanding based on my (admittedly minor) work in theme creation and modification. As such, reversing this wouldn't really do anything other than mask the actual problem. (Someone please correct me on this if I'm mistaken.)
The Following User Says Thank You to MJPollard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,004

3,333 posts
More
surrealjam, search the forum. Same question asked many times. Solution is simple but not so permanent.

Charge your phone with charger to 4200mV, leave charger connected, turn phone off, remove battery (charger is still connected!), wait for ?, put battery back, you'll see about 5%, charge battery for about 1h, turn phone on, disconnect charger.
You may clear battery stats from CWM.
20th April 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 69

351 posts
Thanks for the input MJPollard. Zeljko, I'm well aware of that temporary fix.
20th April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag San Jose

3,333 posts
More
Unfortunately there isn't permanent solution. Actually I'm investigating one, but I'll see is it or not.
20th April 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 760

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Oh look! THIS thread again!
21st April 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #7  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 70

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

Oh look! THIS thread again!

I guess its trending topic down here . Try read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1600859

Sent from my MB860
22nd April 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag San Jose

3,333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimasakti85

I guess its trending topic down here . Try read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1600859

Sent from my MB860

Author of this thread almost get banned because he spammed half of the forum with his "own, original, awesome, never seen, revolutionary... solution"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread