Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] BandWidth - SpeedTest app

OP microhaxo

17th December 2011, 07:45 PM   |  #61  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

177 posts
Alright guys, as some of you may know I pushed out build 3.6 which was mainly to get feedback as to what these mysterious crashes are that some people are reporting. I've been getting LOTS of reports and am working on trying to make BandWidth as perfect as possible. I still am not sure of the exact source as to why some people cant load the app and many others can. My suspicions are that it's the silverlight toolkit and or a corruption of the application isolated storage (more than likely due from a faulty / finicky microsd card) causing the issues. I have come up with a remedy i believe should help many who are unable to run the program but because I cannot replicate the error at all i am unable to directly test.

For those of you who are having problems, can you do me a favor and uninstall the app and re-install it from the marketplace and see if it still crashes on load?

Please report here.
15th February 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
More
Thumbs up
I just tested this application a moment ago; I saw it before in the market place but I didn't find it really appealing or worthy of trust until I saw this thread here in XDA.

I gave it a try and it's pretty good although for some reason I cannot get results over my cell phone network but honestly is an issue with my network not with the application.

Thanks for writing the app and I think that you need to work little on the tile.
21st April 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 47

322 posts
More
Exclamation
So is this app still available? Getting my Lumia 900 tomorrow and I want to do a speed test in my area. Windowsphone.com doesn't seem to be cooperating. Is there are alternate place to get the app?
21st April 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 27

482 posts
I couldnt find it now. I had it installed before the Nokia update on zune.
21st April 2012, 06:50 AM   |  #65  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 53

336 posts
More
http://www.wpcentral.com/bandwidth-a...t-speedtestnet
irlju
21st April 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
This is sad. BandWidth is a great app that still had room for improvement. It's a shame we won't see any further development :[
21st April 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #67  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 426

1,508 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's a sad story SpeedTest.net instead of offer cooperation to developer, just pushed him to remove app from mp... Strange people...
21st April 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 24

511 posts
i was able to download it
when the wpcentral article came out but later in the evening, i am using a euro titan over here in san diego, ca.

however when i shared the application with other wp users they said they could not access it and i had just downloaded it MINUTES before, wonder if I was able to because of my unlocked euro titan was one of the last devices to download it?
22nd April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 148

952 posts
can someone please post the latest 4.2 xap, thank you
23rd April 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Here you go...
Obviously needs to be sideloaded now and no guarantee it won't be blocked soon...

Assuming it's OK to upload since it is free...
Attached Files
File Type: xap BandWidth_v4.2.0.0.xap - [Click for QR Code] (566.4 KB, 109 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to BroMarduk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread