Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] BandWidth - SpeedTest app

Tip us?

microhaxo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Alright guys, as some of you may know I pushed out build 3.6 which was mainly to get feedback as to what these mysterious crashes are that some people are reporting. I've been getting LOTS of reports and am working on trying to make BandWidth as perfect as possible. I still am not sure of the exact source as to why some people cant load the app and many others can. My suspicions are that it's the silverlight toolkit and or a corruption of the application isolated storage (more than likely due from a faulty / finicky microsd card) causing the issues. I have come up with a remedy i believe should help many who are unable to run the program but because I cannot replicate the error at all i am unable to directly test.

For those of you who are having problems, can you do me a favor and uninstall the app and re-install it from the marketplace and see if it still crashes on load?

Please report here.

npoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just tested this application a moment ago; I saw it before in the market place but I didn't find it really appealing or worthy of trust until I saw this thread here in XDA.

I gave it a try and it's pretty good although for some reason I cannot get results over my cell phone network but honestly is an issue with my network not with the application.

Thanks for writing the app and I think that you need to work little on the tile.

sitizenx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
So is this app still available? Getting my Lumia 900 tomorrow and I want to do a speed test in my area. Windowsphone.com doesn't seem to be cooperating. Is there are alternate place to get the app?
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.

nraudigy2
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I couldnt find it now. I had it installed before the Nokia update on zune.
Behold II -> myTouch 3G Slide -> Galaxy S Vibrant -> G2X-> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4S -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920

LiFePo4
Old
Thanks Meter 53
http://www.wpcentral.com/bandwidth-a...t-speedtestnet
HTC 1st Gen CDMA 7 Trophy (aka Spark_W) with Heathcliff74 Interop-Unlocked 8773.98 v1 Drivers - retired
Nokia Lumia 822 Dev Unlocked GDR3/Amber Updates
irlju Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is sad. BandWidth is a great app that still had room for improvement. It's a shame we won't see any further development :[

sensboston
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 425

DONATE TO ME
It's a sad story SpeedTest.net instead of offer cooperation to developer, just pushed him to remove app from mp... Strange people...

noelito
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default i was able to download it

when the wpcentral article came out but later in the evening, i am using a euro titan over here in san diego, ca.

however when i shared the application with other wp users they said they could not access it and i had just downloaded it MINUTES before, wonder if I was able to because of my unlocked euro titan was one of the last devices to download it?

bobzero
Old
Thanks Meter 148
can someone please post the latest 4.2 xap, thank you

BroMarduk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Here you go...

Obviously needs to be sideloaded now and no guarantee it won't be blocked soon...

Assuming it's OK to upload since it is free...
Attached Files
File Type: xap BandWidth_v4.2.0.0.xap - [Click for QR Code] (566.4 KB, 107 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to BroMarduk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]