FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Which Ultra-Slim Case Has the Tallest Lip?

20th April 2012, 04:39 PM |#21  
Product F(RED)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,873
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick161

There's the pic. Most of the bulk is really around the lip to protect the phone. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

I've ordered those cases for every phone I've had (Evo 3D, Epic 4G Touch, etc) and they're great and don't add thickness at all. The semi-clear white one looks great on my Epic 4G Touch and the black one on my black Epic 4G Touch looked great as well. The glossy top portion is so you can lie the phone face down and not have it slide around at all. You can almost put the phone at 90 degrees on a surface and it won't slip.
 
 
20th April 2012, 05:49 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

I've ordered those cases for every phone I've had (Evo 3D, Epic 4G Touch, etc) and they're great and don't add thickness at all. The semi-clear white one looks great on my Epic 4G Touch and the black one on my black Epic 4G Touch looked great as well. The glossy top portion is so you can lie the phone face down and not have it slide around at all. You can almost put the phone at 90 degrees on a surface and it won't slip.

Yeah that's what I stated earlier, definitely adds needed grip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
20th April 2012, 09:16 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Is the Diztronic made of gel-like tpu or the hard tpu? And I wonder how it compares with the Boxwave case (like the Fosman shown earlier).
20th April 2012, 09:18 PM |#24  
Product F(RED)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,873
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge

Is the Diztronic made of gel-like tpu or the hard tpu? And I wonder how it compares with the Boxwave case (like the Fosman shown earlier).

It's semi-hard. It's like a flexible silicone-plastic mix. You can't break it by dropping it because it's not solid completely, but it's not like rubbery silicone cases at all. There's no dust collection (it's smooth).
21st April 2012, 03:22 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

It's semi-hard. It's like a flexible silicone-plastic mix. You can't break it by dropping it because it's not solid completely, but it's not like rubbery silicone cases at all. There's no dust collection (it's smooth).

Exactly. Its a great case and easy on the wallet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
21st April 2012, 01:10 PM |#26  
schrochem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
More
I went ahead and ordered the matte black diztronic from ebay. Earlier in the thread I gave my opinion on the elago. Then I got a two piece hard shell and just didn't like it....but it was $4 :)
I actually REALLY like having this thing naked. If the Diz doesn't work out I'm going to just take my chances...
I've had it for a month naked with no problems. All I'm concerned about is the accidental drop. Otherwise I take good care of my phones. In my pocket by itself.
21st April 2012, 05:33 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrochem

I went ahead and ordered the matte black diztronic from ebay. Earlier in the thread I gave my opinion on the elago. Then I got a two piece hard shell and just didn't like it....but it was $4 :)
I actually REALLY like having this thing naked. If the Diz doesn't work out I'm going to just take my chances...
I've had it for a month naked with no problems. All I'm concerned about is the accidental drop. Otherwise I take good care of my phones. In my pocket by itself.

I love it naked lol. Phones too slippery tho so was always concerned about dropping it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
21st April 2012, 06:44 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Do you think the Diztronic would work with the Spigen Glas.t screen protector? I have that on order and it's thicker than a normal sp. I'm not sure how tight the Diztronic is or if it's flexible enough to handle the extra thickness.
21st April 2012, 07:19 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge

Do you think the Diztronic would work with the Spigen Glas.t screen protector? I have that on order and it's thicker than a normal sp. I'm not sure how tight the Diztronic is or if it's flexible enough to handle the extra thickness.

Not sure but it covers the lip that's around the screen. Works fine with my screen protector that's on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to erick161 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:11 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I wonder if anyone has tried using a Rearth Ringke Slim case with the Samsung Flip Cover case underneath. The Ringke has open sides, so the cover could still work. You might not be able to flip it around the back, though. Also, you could make a cutout on the flip cover for the volume buttons (which is something I think they should have done already). Just an idea...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes