5,594,438 Members 34,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what speeds are considered good on speedtest app?

Tip us?

asjdwf
Old
(Last edited by asjdwf; 20th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] what speeds are considered good on speedtest app?

The internet seems to be getting really slow for me recently on my ATT OSGS2. I was wondering if a hardware problem could cause this or if this is sctrictly a network issue? Anyone who could shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated. My speeds vary greatly. The highest I get at work....in an Airpoprt with Wifi is turned off and just connected to the data is 4000 up 1000 down. and then right after the test was ran again and it said 52 up and 200 down? That seems odd.

Also, I can take the phone to a warranty center and get a "Refurbished" one since it's still under the year warranty but what do you all think about the "Refurbished" phones?

Thanks again all.

AJ

kobe bryant
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Depends Where you are. i typically get 5-6 mbps. You might want to try a different modem.

1weener
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjdwf View Post
The internet seems to be getting really slow for me recently on my ATT OSGS2. I was wondering if a hardware problem could cause this or if this is sctrictly a network issue? Anyone who could shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated. My speeds vary greatly. The highest I get at work....in an Airpoprt with Wifi is turned off and just connected to the data is 4000 up 1000 down. and then right after the test was ran again and it said 52 up and 200 down? That seems odd.

Also, I can take the phone to a warranty center and get a "Refurbished" one since it's still under the year warranty but what do you all think about the "Refurbished" phones?

Thanks again all.

AJ
Are you sure you mean 4000 up and 1000 down? That sounds reversed.
I got a refurb Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T for $10 with a 2 year contract. It is the very best 10 bucks I've ever spent... hookers included (that's a joke).
Seriously, if they have a 30 day return policy you can't go wrong with a refrub IMO.

asjdwf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yes you are correct I did have them reversed sorry. On the way home from work I noticed while stopping for gas I got 7 down and 1 up. But that's the only time I've seen it.

My wife just bought a new osgs2 and I notice that hers is a smidgen faster than mine also...wonder why that is lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1941
As said above, try different modems - different areas get different results.

Also, the speedtest app is notoriously unreliable - use your browser to go to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest - it's more trustworthy
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1