Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Fix] bootloops fix and 3.32 update

Tip us?

craven667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Naw but you had some setting that just didn't want to change

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium

craven667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
bump cuz people still have trouble

swoope
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by craven667 View Post
bump cuz people still have trouble
wow,

thanks for that..

i just put the 1.17 image on a blank sd. turned the phone on and let it load.. after that turned it off, took card out. and all the adr ics loaded all by itself..

new radio and all.. running great now.. thanks!

beers
slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

uhweepee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I had the boot-loop problems too (tested with cm 9 & aokp 38) and a friend found this thread. I'm a bit afraid of just installing a new firmware. Right now I have the feature:

backup the original system
test the rom, doesn't work
restore original system
everything works, no brick

When installing new firmware I might lose this step back? I'm not very deep into this but I guess that my original system must fit with firmware like this, right?

Right now I have an older HTC sensation (bout 1 year old now), which tells me at the CWM this:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.17.1111
RADIO-10.14.9035.01_M
eMMC-boot
Jun 2 2011,22:31:39

The phone carrier is vodafone (europe) and I guess it's simlocked at this time (except s-off / rooting I haven't changed anything)?

So, what will happen if I install the new firmware like the original poster craven667 suggested? Will I be able to run the original HTC system again if something doesn't work with another rom? I'm really confused and feel very scary after those bootloops...

Anyway, thanx for this thread, for me this is new hope for changing the rom (I really don't like the original one but it might be better to always get back to it).

UWP

craven667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
when you root and install clockworks mod you never lose anything if you do a back up
but there are roms and img so theres always a way to fix it

uhweepee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I'll try it again: The original ROM will test the firmware of the cellphone at boot time? Or does it not? If this happens, my backup of the original rom would be useless, I'd never get it to work again with new firmware. And I don't know how to get the old one installed again, I don't even know how to get the old firmware out of the cellphone. I guess there's no way of a "firmware backup"?

I guess I don't understand the complete boot process: what starts when and what depends on what?

Yeah, you can call me a coward, but after having the bootloop with the other ROMs I really was glad to get back to the original HTC system. This is a feature I don't want to lose.

Thanx!

UWP

craven667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
If you are s-off I can send a file that roots updates all in one but its on you some phones are hard to get to 3.32 I had one hell of a time

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

mabz2k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Craven for the instructions and files. I just realised I needed the latest version of 4ext Touch Recovery to install the latest Android Revolution otherwise i get boot loops again if it hasn't been mentioned already. Also I used a sd card with no partitions if that makes any diffrence at all.

4ext updater apk was a free download from the 4ext website incase anyone wanted to know.

Just installed Virtuous Inquisition and working great.

kahn.666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey man this method worked two times for me buh now again my sensation is bootlooping and tried this method for like 20 times and still cant fix it

craven667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahn.666 View Post
hey man this method worked two times for me buh now again my sensation is bootlooping and tried this method for like 20 times and still cant fix it
Run ruu and try again